Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Gardens Are Open!

As members of the Northwest Perennial Alliance, we participate in 
touring other member's gardens on weekends, from May through early September. The gardens, their descriptions, dates open, and driving directions are listed in this Open Gardens book.

This year we had to skip the May gardens due to COVID-19 restrictions, but for June, the gardens are open! There are precautions: wearing a mask, keeping safe distance, bringing your own pen to sign in, no furnished snacks, drinks, or restrooms, but those are all manageable.

On Saturday Tom and I toured three gardens east of Seattle. I'll share with you photos of each garden in three different posts. I've gotta' stretch out my material, you know. :-)

Denise Lane and Roel Allers were the hosts of our first garden, located on Evergreen Point in Medina. We have been here before, but this is a garden worthy of repeat trips. 
 Signing in. 














This is just a brief glimpse of this garden. There is much more to see as you wander the many pathways through the various rooms of the garden. 

Yes, we will be opening our garden again this year. We have been assigned July 18th, not my first choice, but we will try to have it looking spiffy through the early summer.  I would have preferred June. In fact the photo on the back cover of the Open Gardens book is of our garden, in June of last year,
More to come.

11 comments:

  1. It sure is good news that things are beginning to get back to normal. Garden tours are so much fun ( and inspiration) and June is the best time to have them. I'm sure your garden will look impeccable even in the heat of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun...love to see green...inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the gardens are open again and that you can share their stunning beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They used water to make a beautiful garden. They said life would be different after covid. So there's one example of visiting gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No restrooms might have put me off but being out in the fresh air is a huge plus. "Never Ending Story" is gardening in a nutshell. Good thing the plot and visual effects keep us going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your photos of Denise's garden. I've been twice, it's always lovely and inspiring. I've barely even opened the book to check out who's opening their gardens this year, assuming most of them would be canceled, so I didn't notice the photo of your garden on the back. I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure hosts have never offered visitors rest rooms anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible garden. I shudder at the work, but I'm sure it is a labour of love. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I remember this garden from previous years. It's beautiful, and that picture of your last year's June garden is wonderful. I always love your numerous pictures, which take me there virtually. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like their water features. So very different. I love Eremureus. They seem so ethereal to me. I had some at one time and they were so late coming up I accidentally dug them out. They never recovered and I never ordered them again. I must remedy that.
    Your garden always looks beautiful Linda. I know it will be in tip top shape for the open garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I hope you have good weather for your day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.