Tuesday, February 22, 2022

2/22/22

 

Happy Twosday!
Yes, it's a special day on the calendar. I'm not sure how we are supposed to celebrate it, but I hope you are happy anyway. 

I'm happier. As of this morning I have had contact with all of my health care teams and now know what to expect for the next month or two. Pericarditis takes time. Fortunately I am not in pain and will have to deal with the restrictions that fatigue and lack of stamina cause. I am back to doing most of my physical therapy. My hip tendonitis flared up when I was in bed too much. Gotta' keep moving. 

I saw both of my kids yesterday and that made me happy. We met Jill and Irene at the airport last night as they returned from a long weekend in Alaska. They booked some excursions to see Northern Lights, and they didn't fail. It must have been spectacular sitting under a sky filled with bands and waves and ribbons the green and violet light. They did lots of exploring too, saw lots of taxidermy bears and other critters, ice sculptures, and had a dog sled ride, all while dressed in their warmest mountaineering gear. 

Jake took a week's vacation, since it's a slow time for work on Friday Harbor. He spent the weekend skiing with his cousin, stayed here last night, and is skiing with my cousin today. He will probably be back for a bed tonight. Not sure what's next, but he will attend a Sounders match with Tom on Thursday, since I'm not fit to go yet. 

I am slowly getting back my physical and emotional equilibrium. I Zoomed with my breakfast/teacher friends this morning and shared my story.  Now I need to move on. 

I am fortunate to have such a good life, good friends, including you, and a wonderful partner. 

Peace be with you.

15 comments:

  1. That seems like an intriguing round-about way to have a hiccup post surgery. Keep doing what's right and follow your team's instructions. Be gentle to yourself. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a rapid recovery so that you can be active again. It's hard to stay in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound upbeat and that is a good sign for the recovery process. Take care of yourself. Your son will have to go back to work and Tom is going to need a sidekick at those Sounders games. But so nice that you got to see both your children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time and do the best you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Good you stay as active as you can, as I think that's the key to everything. Spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are on the mend and writing blog posts! Stay warm in this cold weather and heal up, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you are healing and have resigned yourself that it won't be tomorrow but you are Ok with that. Jill and Irene's trip to Alaska sounded fun and cold. So glad Tom has a partner in Jake to take in the Sounders game. I hope you can watch it on TV and can look for your men in the stands.
    Keep healing lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I just read this and had to go back and see what had happened as last I knew you were going in for some routine heart surgery (not that any heart surgery is routine), and then this pericarditis. So glad it wasn't a heart attack. Is the pericarditis a result of the surgery? I guess any surgery could cause inflammation? Just wondering, but glad you seem to be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twosday! It was a very special day to me - my wedding anniversary, though my wonderful husband is no longer with me.

    Your gratitude is also very special. It is a wise woman who is aware of her blessings and thankful for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill and Irene had a great time seeing the Northern Lights. Wish I could see them, too. Glad that you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear you're feeling some better. Nice too, that you were able to spend a bit of time with your children. The trip to Alaska sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to know you're slowly getting back your strength.
    Jill and Irene's Alaskan adventure sounds like a lot of fun. Awesome to see the Northern lights I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All you can do is go with the flow and relearn patience...over and over again while trying to put a smile on your face as you face challenges...best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Counting blessings is something I need to do in a more conscious manner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a wonderful attitude! Give it time and this will be past you before you know it. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.