Tuesday, February 8, 2022

What Do I do With My Time?

 Fellow Washington State blogger DJan has been posting about time. It has made me even more aware of what I do with my time each day. 

It has been bothering me lately that I seem to be doing less and less. Each day I think back on what I accomplished and the list is short or full of little things. And yet, I do manage to fill the time. 

I'm still struggling with physical issues. My twice fused back has issues lower down now and will always be stiff, but my PT therapist is trying to help with that. There is still tendonitis in my replaced hip joint. Other parts continue to deteriorate. And I am waiting to hear if my TAVR heart surgery will happen next week. These things limit what I can do, when I really want to be outside working in the yard whenever the weather permits, like Tom is now, or going for a long walk.

Life requires adjustment, and the longer one lives, the more adjusting one has to make. I do a lot of self talking. And I remind myself of how fortunate I am to have all that I have and can do all that I do.

There are always flowers on my kitchen table, sitting on seasonal mats that I have made. 


This is my sewing work station.


My fabrics and cutting board are on the bed in the bedroom next door. This is my latest completed quilt block. Pieces of Irene's dresses are in it. 


Next to me at this long work counter, Tom spends hours on his genealogy research.


Right now I am at this computer station, typing this blog post, with a TV to my right, in front of a window where the sun is filtering through the fir and cedar trees. Women's luge is on right now. What's the Olympic moto - "higher, faster, stronger, scarier? 
I have been watching a lot of the Olympic coverage. 


I do spend quite a bit of time each day reading or writing blogs and comments, and try not to get trapped on Facebook and just read things that are posted about people I know and family members.

Yesterday I got this photo on my phone.

Irene just got her letterman jacket! She lettered in track last year and plays on the JV soccer team. I love her smile. She is back in school after missing a week due to a positive COVID test. She never did get sick. I need to collect a hug from her, but I will have to wait now until I know about my surgery.

Wow! It's 1:00 and lunch time. Where did this morning go? Well, let's see. Breakfast, Zoom meting with friends, an hour of PT, Facebook and blogging. During lunch I'll read the newspaper and work the puzzles. 

And that's what I do with my time. The sunshine is calling me out. I'll try a bit of yard work this afternoon, carefully. 
 

13 comments:

  1. Irene is a beautiful young woman and athlete. I remember when you were sewing her dresses and then American girl doll dresses to match. Time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be so very proud of Irene. She's certainly a lovely young woman.

    I hope your PT brings some relief from the pain and that your heart surgery goes ahead. In the meantime your days sound full and interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I will have to admit that I get less and less done each day. I slow down. However, I've liked DJan's post on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Irene look lovely wearing her jacket. It's great that she didn't feel sick in spite of a positive test.
    I can identify with the question of where the time goes and what actually get accomplished. I must go check DJan's blog and see what she had to say on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you have a pretty decent plan B. Not quite what your plan A was (whose is?) but you still accomplish a lot. Irene looks so pleased in her new jacket. She sure earned it and she has every right to be proud. You all can be. So happy she didn't have any symptoms of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we are all finding our way through both unrelenting covid and learning how to age gracefully. I hope you can get the surgery behind you, and thanks for the shout out about my latest obsession with time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time flies when you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound pretty busy to me. I can spend hours on Blogger, so I try to limit it to once a week. I am so sorry about the pain and work arounds. I really admire your attitude and I am sure it will all work out over time, and you can slowly get back out there, even if not for a long as before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you do twice as much as people your age...don't worry just enjoy this time of choosing that isn't controlled by a work schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irene does have a beautiful and beaming smile. I dislike having my activities limited so I understand your frustration. Love your very festive table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irene is such a gorgeous young woman! Wow! I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough patch right now. I'm hardly blogging at all right now because I'm trying to finish that 5 volume photobook project for the kids. It's really hard when our bodies aren't able to do what we want to do. Sigh... Been there too with all my injuries. I love your work station with the big screens. Awesome! With all you have to do I'm so amazed at what you're able to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go Irene! She is a beautiful young lady! Looks like you are keeping busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, I sure know what you mean.These days I feel lucky to accomplish one little task outside. You are such a hard worker. I hope your pain goes away and you can spend lots of time in the garden again. Irene is is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.