Friday, February 25, 2022

Emerging

 

The little mini Tete-a-tete Daffodils are beginning to bloom in our garden. The buds on the big ones are swelling. 

I found a few struggling crocus.
Leaf buds are opening on the barberry, and the white flower racemes are emerging in the native Indian Plum. 
I emerged too! I joined our Friday morning breakfast group for the first time in months! It was wonderful to be able to be with old friends and visit and share stories and eat a breakfast someone else cooked that was not in a hospital!


I spent the rest of my morning visiting with son Jake. He has now moved on to stay with a friend before returning to his San Juan Island home tomorrow. He and Tom attended the Sounders match together last night, while I joined them by watching it on TV.

I have been learning how to do less and less. I did get our taxes done on Wednesday, with the help of TurboTax, and some assistance from Tom, who usually just leaves it to me. I felt I needed back up for the slight brain fog I sometimes still feel while recovering from the experiences of last week. 

In further conversation with my cardiac team I have learned that recovery from the TAVR procedure might take 3 to 6 months, and recovery from pericarditis might take 3 months, so learning to do less is important. Some days are better than others, but I take my walking stick with me when I go out because I can still get wobbly and light headed. With stick in hand, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down". :-)

It's still cold here but tomorrow the clouds will move in and bring warmer rain by Sunday.

My poor hellebore and primroses should perk up. The ice will melt. 
I'll miss the blue sky, but variety is good. Spring will continue to emerge. 


12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the coming of spring in the warm PNW! A little earlier than we'll get it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty Daffodils! Hope you get better every day! One day at a time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are taking it easy as you recover. When it takes months, it's hard for us to slow down, but we do what we must to keep on truckin'. Sending you lots of virtual hugs and actual love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can well imagine how nice it was for you to get out and be with friends. I hope you feel stronger day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be hard to hear about recovery in terms of months but you are home and can visit with family and friends to that has to make it much better. Keep up that good healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is hope, as the plants begin to emerge into the beauty of the spring, It can't be easy thinking of your recovery in terms of months but you definitely have the right attitude.

    I chuckled at your weebles comment, as I used to say the same thing when I was expecting my first child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good that you're getting out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you are feeling stronger. how fun to see spring blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see the signs of Spring! Glad you are feeling better and up to some walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that you were able to dine with friends and get your taxes done, too. Woo-hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks and sounds wonderful. You and your garden are emerging like butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you are past the surgery and doing so well. You look wonderful and it must have felt good to be out with your friends. I went back and read all about your experience through the whole process. Bet you were the sweetest patient that hospital has ever known. Your flowers are looking pretty. You need to sit back and enjoy the beauty from all the hard work you've done over the years. Sure is hard to do that though. I know! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.