Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

 

Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. I'm working hard to polish this rock of a day up. 

The rain has returned, but that's ok. We had several beautiful sunshiny days. I even got some walks in, both 1.20 miles, one in our little local park, and one just on the neighborhood streets. Maybe that's why I hurt today. But the walks were a victory after weeks of not being able to.



I had my COVID test yesterday - I passed, and I gave myself a Starbucks treat - but that meant we had to go grocery shopping this morning instead of our usual early Sunday morning shopping.

The first thing I noticed was the very busy flower shop right by the entrance door. Lots of guys were buying bouquets. :-) There were lots of pretty flowers!


But when we got over to the deli section we discovered that ALL of the store's refrigerated cases were covered or being covered. A cable had failed and cut off the power. This affected much of the store from deli to dairy to meat to produce. We were constantly having to rethink our shopping process and modify my list.  It was stressful. We did just lift the black curtains to get milk and eggs. 

Back home it was time to start the laundry and launch into the house cleaning. I have quit halfway through my jobs because moving is hard today and I decided I wanted to sit and blog instead. I do want to make sure Tom doesn't get dumped on though. And some things I'll just let go. It's isn't as if the house is really even dirty or dusty. We live clean. And Tom does the bathrooms. :-)

On Sunday we had a visit from son Jake. He made the trip off his island for the day to visit people even though his weekend ski trip got cancelled. It was good to see him and have a chance to catch up. 

In the afternoon, after my walk, I sat down to read the paper, work my Wordle, and turn on the Super Bowl. I confess I didn't really watch much of it. I took the time to clean up the thousands of photos on my laptop and on my iPhone. I looked up when something exciting happened. Although I didn't really care, I sort of hoped the Bengals would win. Nope.


I have read some reactions to the half time show and most are positive. I was not a fan. Hip-hop/rap is not a genre I care for. It struck me as babel with a boombox beat, obliging backsides, and frequent checking to see if my balls were still there. Ya' know? But I am an old white woman, so what do I know. I only listen to old stuff. :-)

Oh my, the sun just broke through the clouds and is shining on me through my office window. This stone is getting shinier, maybe not a diamond yet, but definitely getting a glow. It helps to talk to you all. 

I'd better get moving. I have some laundry to fold and it's time for lunch. This afternoon I'll sit down and study my instructions for tomorrow. We'll be off early on my heart day.

Wishing you all the love and kindness returned to you as you give it to others. Now I'll go collect a hug, and give one back, to my Valentine. 


18 comments:

  1. Your Valentine is lovely -- Scandanavian looking. All the best for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day! I shall be thinking of you on your heart day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow. We are all rooting for you and I know that should help. Most of the comments I saw about the half time show were negative, but most of my friends are old like me. Rap always sounds to me like someone is losing the muffler on their car. I don't think I have ever watched a superbowl or the half time show, so I can't do a personal comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never liked hip-hop until I watched "Hamilton" in rap and enjoyed it enough to watch it again. Although I only watched occasionally, I did like the halftime show. I also wanted to Bengals to win. It was close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day.

    I had no idea who won the Super Bowl - too busy watching curling and other Olympic sports. In any event, I really didn't have any real interest. As for the half-time show, my daughter who grew up in that area was thrilled with the show. I love your description of it!

    All the best tomorrow - you'll be in the thoughts of all of your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending many positive thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have an entirely diamond, good adventure with your surgery. (If you push the call light, sometimes they'll bring you ice cream!) That's after you wake enough to have your gag reflex back. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentines Day and good luck. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here's another hug or two <3 <3 <3 xxxx 000000
    a/b

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you on the Super Bowl. Didn't watch the half time show. Not a fan of hip hop. Put the game on pause, watched another show then fast forwarded past the show.
    Glad all systems are go and praying tomorrow goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great on the covid test results. Yes, old age can make us take other options but you are doing well to keep active. I think we may have more problems with our food supply than just electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your positiveness and comments about the super bowl-I agree dumb commercials and dumber halftime...Best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that the surgery is moving forward. I was disappointed that the Bengals lost. Although not a fan of hip hop or rap, there were a couple songs I recognized, and they were catchy. I think the halftime show was well-done and more representative of modern tastes and culture. Some of it reminded me of the West African music that my daughter listens to (spent a lot of time in Senegal)--heavy on the beat and rhythm and light on melody.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you sunny days ahead. I hired housekeeper a while back, so no longer can use that as an excuse. I saw some still photos of the half-time show and it was pretty raunchy and I do NOT think that is because I am old, but I thought this was supposed to be a family event!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a sweet post. I love your last paragraph. I agree 100% with you about the Superbowl halftime show. We turned the channel to something else. What happened to the days when music had a beat, something you could dance to or sing with?? Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your stone is turning brighter. Diamonds are a girl's best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery from a blog buddy, otherwise known as a pen pal, we care about you and Tom..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad your Valentine's Day perked up. It was same ol' same ol' for us. Ahhh... You do Wordle! My daughter just got us started on it. We had the worst time with today's DODGE! Arrrghhhh!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.