Saturday, February 12, 2022

Borrowing Flowers

The weather was mild Friday afternoon and I wanted to be outside. I had used up all my flower photo opportunities for now in my own winter garden so I needed new subjects.  

Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden is just a three mile drive away, the walking is easy, and it's hellebore season. 

The Edgeworthia by the gate is coming into bloom.


Someone has placed painted heart rocks throughout the garden.
This edging rock almost looks like a heart, loving it's pretty companions. 


Hellebore were often referred to as Christmas or Lenten Roses because they emerge through the winter debris and bloom so early. 





Older varieties of hellebore are shy and seldom show their pretty faces. 
This one is almost black.

Wow! Double beauty.





From here we walked over to the Japanese garden.







Foliage can be a pretty as flowers. 




We found a bench and sat in the sun for a few minutes before leaving for home.

We had the garden mostly to ourselves, and it was a lovely way to get some outside time. Thank you for the borrowed flowers. 

12 comments:

  1. I love the frilly double Hellebores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly had lots to choose from on this little walk. things are developing rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful walk. I am a foliage girl and agree it can be as pretty as flowers. How sweet with all the Valentine rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting anxious to head home when I see Hellebores in bloom and the flowering trees starting to pop. Lovely post, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely spot to visit, walk and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Thank you for the generous portion of flowers for your readers, Linda. Thinking of you for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, spring comes so early on the west coast! And you're further north than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the double ruffled one is a beauty, thanks for sharing your borrowed flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing all this beauty with us, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.