Thursday, March 3, 2022

Marching Along

 We are doing our best to stay active around here,

I just got back from a 1.09 mile walk, now that the rain has stopped. Tom has been busy much of the day in his greenhouse, transplanting some of his geranium cuttings and tending overwintered plants.


I did most of my physical therapy exercises this morning. I don't know if I am supposed to be doing this exercising and walking, but I need to keep moving. I am kind of in a holding pattern until I get what the docs are calling an "expedited" appointment for a head MRI. I guess the continued mild dizziness when walking is a bit of a red flag and so we are making sure everything checks out. I'm working at not thinking too much about it. 

I baked a mini cherry pie today to deliver to Jill tomorrow. It is her 49th birthday and she will no doubt spend the day collecting her free food. We will celebrate by going out to dinner Saturday evening. That will be a treat for all of us.

I discovered today that my desktop computer has updated. Things are not in their usual places but I think I'm getting it figured out. Photo editing is different, but perhaps a bit improved. 

Green buds are forming on the deciduous shrubs, and you can see that the white hellebore in the lower left corner has recovered from the freeze. 
The primroses took a beating from the freeze, but they'll come back.

The sun is shining through my home office window. All is well, I think.

Now it's time for my afternoon sitting time. I'll work today's Wordle and read a bit before cooking dinner. 

Tomorrow we March 4th and the daffodils are starting to bloom! It's DaffyJilly Day. 




10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this uplifting post, Linda. You are definitely on the mend. And happy birthday to Jill as she enters her fifth decade of life, or almost anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a kick out of Jill and her birthday free food. Happy birthday to her.
    Tom barely has room in his greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great greenhouse for Tom to spend time in! And such nice early spring flowers compared to our snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Jill! Tom's greenhouse is full, he needs a larger one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Jill and I hope she has a great day. Spring is giving you some great things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a tough time with today’s WORDLE. My kids got it a lot faster than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good about keeping up with your exercising, Linda. It always amazes me that Jill is able to find so many birthday freebies. We only manage Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Jill! She has such a good plan for her birthday.

    I certainly hope you get your MRI soon. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your MRI points to an easy fix and soon. You are certainly keeping active.
    Happy Birthday Jill. Her hunt for freebies always seems like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your MRI. Happy birthday to Jill.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.