Tuesday, March 8, 2022

On Hold

 I had a brain MRI Saturday. I got an email with the results, but of course I can't understand most of it. I emailed a request for an explanation. Today I got a phone call from a scheduler letting me know I have been referred for a face to face appointment with Neurology. That will probably happen next week. I also expressed the many questions I still have about what if any physical limitations I should have with my heart issues.   Can I do my PT, go for a mile walk, ride my stationary bike? 

I'm doing some of those things, while trying not to overdo any of them. I am trying not to worry. I would like more answers. For now I am on hold

But while today it is raining, we just had several days of sunshine. Tom mowed the lawn. Daffodils are blooming.


The little 'Brazen Hussies', ranunculus, are starting to bloom. They only open in the sunshine. 
Petite 'Tete a tete' daffodils are in bloom, and tulips are up. 
Standard daffodils don't come back well from year to year so I always buy a few new bulbs. Daffs are spring to me. 

The lower lawn is mostly moss now, but we have stopped fighting it. It's green and soft and doesn't new much mowing. :-)
I guess it's just as well that it is raining today because Tom is sick. It might be some kind of stomach flu, but whatever it is, the results are very unpleasant and have got him grounded. He won't be going to the Sounders game at the stadium tonight.

I guess we are both on hold. 

14 comments:

  1. I hope your appointment with neurology happens soon and you get the answers you need. Wishing Tom a speedy recovery!

    Your yard is so lovely, and the signs of spring are delightful. Especially as I look out the window at the blowing snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like keeping you on tender hooks. Sure hope you get in soon and can get some answers. Such a bummer that Tom is sick. Sure hope it is a 24 hour something. Make sure he hydrates. Do take care of eachother and be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those bright yellow blooms while you are on hold. Such a gift of spring you have shared with us. Best wellness wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your MRI results are positive. Spring is coming so you need to be able to get out and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to walk barefoot on your mossy pasture. Sounds like you have your questions written down for the Neuro follow-up. Hope Tom's well soon. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your daffodils, especially the closeup photo at the top of your blog today. And mossy grass sounds soft to walk on. I hope you have the results from the upcoming MRI that you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear Tom is grounded and you are on hold. I hope better days are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be frustrating having to wait for some answers. Meanwhile you have Tom to take care of. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you both recover soon. Your lawn and garden look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear Tom is sick, but he's got a strong constitution and should be right as rain before long. I look forward to hearing what the neuro has to say, and I know you'll be sharing it with me soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Cardiologist team should have gone over the physical limitations with you until you have a checkup with them! Usually at discharge after a procedure they explain all that and have you sign a paper. You probably better take it a little easy and wait on Tom now, hope he feels better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to learn of your worries and hope a solution comes quickly. We are still all covered in snow with more coming. Love your spring like pics

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was glad to know that Tom is doing well and that your brain scan is not urgent. Something about aging that means more tests and more worries. We have a bunch of tests scheduled for next month.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.