Friday, March 18, 2022

More Coming and Going

 These last two days have been busy. 

Yesterday, Thursday, we got an early start so that we could make it through traffic to the Kaiser Medical center downtown for an 8:00 appointment for an echocardiogram as a follow up for my valve replacement, and then an appointment with a nurse practitioner to go over the results. I passed. The valve is working well, and the pericarditis is mild. I will continue the three month medication and that should take care of it. 

Back home I had time to read blogs and do my PT while Tom took a nap. His hand surgery process is going well, with not much discomfort. In fact, his hands feel better than they did before the surgery, which is the desired result. 

In the afternoon we went to the high school track meet to watch Irene run and jump. She started off the meet in the 4x200m relay, which her team won.

Shortly after she ran and won the 100m hurdles.

She had some down time to cheer on the rest of her team before running the 300m hurdles. 

There's me, Grandma, capturing the action. She won that one too, but there was almost no competition. She likes to have other runners challenge her. 

It was cold and we left then to get home to watch most of the Sounders soccer match against Mexican club Leone in the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Cup. The Sounders won and progress on the the semifinals. 

After we left the track meet Irene eventually ran the 4x400m relay. That, she did not win. It was getting dark by the time they got home. 

Today is Friday, which means breakfast out. Then I stopped in at the Kaiser clinic to have a blood test as a follow up to my cardiology appointment the day before. Then it was time for the weekly grocery shopping. I did get a bit of time to read blogs before lunch, and Tom got part of the lawn mowed. Then we were off to Home Depot to pick up stuff on Tom's list. If I hurry I'll have time to finish this post before I have to go cook dinner. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's after dinner now. As I was trying to finish this post, we lost Internet. Tom has it restored now and I am figuring out where I was with this post.  I think this is where I was going to post some pretty pictures curtesy of Home Depot. 




And finally, my mother's camellia is blooming.


Mom loved flowers but she didn't have money to buy plants. At one point, years ago, she was given a camellia bush, I think as an anniversary gift. It was planted at the corner of our house, where it thrived on neglect mostly, although I'm sure she watered it with a hose now any then.  After we had this house we have lived in for 43 years, Tom took a cutting of Mom's camellia. It took, and has been growing in our garden for a long time now. It's a beauty that holds a special meaning. 

The first day of spring is Sunday. Hoping you all have something special blooming or emerging, even if through the snow, on that day. 

Happy Spring!




13 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous action shots of athletic Irene. I'm so glad your echocardiogram turned out well. I have to get one soon. And thank goodness Tom's surgery went well too. How wonderful that the camellia cutting took and you could have the blooms to remember your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed with Irene. Always admired runners and hurdlers. I could sprint but never could run distance. So glad your tests are proving positive and that Tom is really improving and the surgery was a success. How lovely that Tom could save a part of your Mom's plant and bring it to life for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad to hear that you are going to be just fine! And those are some good action shots of Irene. Yes, tomorrow is the first day of spring, but first I must have another walk in heavy rain. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate 8:00 AM appointments if they are far away. It sounds great that tests are good and that you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on all fronts. The camellia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a busy life you reach...I just had a short bout with the flu-upset stomach and have spent the last 3 days recuperating and reading and napping. Feeling better now and may do some weeding in our yard today-no blooms yet except on some neighbor's trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Camellia is a beauty! How wonderful to have a plant with good memories! Good to hear that you will be okay. Far Guy is on meds too now for pericarditis after seeing the Cardiologist...if it isn't one thing it is another. I bet it was fun to see Irene run! Take it easy Tom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to know you passed your tests and Tom's hands are healing well. Congrats to Irene who did so well (you got some great pics).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the heart and hands are doing well! The flowers are beautiful. Amazing how your Mom's plant thrives, even from the cutting. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are going well for bohth of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Spring and many days to come of getting and being better and better! Love your Mom's camellias!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers! I am glad that your surgery and follow up have been successful. Thank God for that. And kudos to Tom's surgeon, too. Always nice to see beautiful Irene run track. She really has grown a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a while since I visited your blog. I could tell because when I saw Irene I was shocked as to how she's grown!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.