Saturday, March 26, 2022

Saturday Morning Slowdown

 I sent Tom off by himself this Saturday morning to meet up with our garden club. They will be touring the Bellevue Botanical Garden, a place I know well, and then going to lunch.  I stayed home because I am having trouble walking, and especially the kind of slow walking and standing around that touring requires. I am still awaiting my neurology appointment that might give us some answers - not answers I want to hear, but need to hear nevertheless.

Instead I have spent the morning doing my physical therapy and then having a long telephone conversation with my sister. I think we have caught up with all of the family news now. 

If the rain holds off this afternoon I might go for a short walk. Otherwise I might open up the Easter/Spring tub that I had Tom get down from the attic, and begin decorating.

On Thursday morning, when we were still on Whidbey Island we stopped in at the local nursery. They had a display of fun spring stuff, and among the chicks and bunnies and pretty pots were these two books. I couldn't help but exclaim to the clerk nearby how special there were.

These board books were new publications back in 1973 when Jill was born, and we spent many hours with Jill and then Jake reading then and touching everything on each page and naming them as best they could as babies. We eventually put them away until they were handed down to our grandchildren. I was thrilled to see that they are still in publication and still being sold.

Now, because I always try to leave you with pretty pictures, here are a few I took in Langley during our short visit there.








And as a wrap up for today's post, the golden hour over Deer Lagoon from the back door of the Whidbey cabin. On Wednesday the rain had stopped just in time for the last rays of direct sun to hit the dike and the hillside beyond. 


Wishing us all more golden moments. 



11 comments:

  1. So lovely, Linda. I just love that last shot, and I am also glad to hear that those books are still around and available for the next generations of youngsters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully you'll get good news and find relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable books Linda. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. I sure hope you're back to normal really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see blooms! Too bad you could not go on the tour, I know what you mean about standing around not moving...that is hard for many people. Those books look like real keepers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books are in great shape and look ready for another generation. So hope you get good news at your appointment and they can make you more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do get nostalgic when I come across a book that I had read to my children. I have saved many and still have them in a bedroom in this house. I was going to pack them up and out, but now that another grandchild is on the way, I am hoping to share again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do so hope you get some answers soon, and you'll be able to joing Tom and the group on the tours again.

    Neither of the books are familiar to me but they look adorable. Love the photos of the spring flowers and your golden hour at the cabin is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart move to give yourself a little break and miss a tour. Sometimes the body needs a bit of a break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings and more blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so appreciate all the beauty that you share in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty flowers! Hope your ability to walk improves!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.