Sunday, January 22, 2023

An Event Anniversary

 I became aware while scrolling through Facebook that this is the anniversary of an important event in my life. Six years ago Tom and I took part in the Women's March in Seattle. 

I looked back in my blog archive to reread my post of that day, January 22, 2017.

https://lindaletters.blogspot.com/2017/01/why-i-marched.html

Much has changed since that day, but far too much hasn't. Rereading my list of reasons why I marched has brought tears to my eyes but also reenergized me. 

I encourage you to click on the link and reread my list too. 


9 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought of that, but I also participated in Sarasota. If it happened today DeSantis probably would have us all arrested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things seem to have fallen off the radar since that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is another one, I hope you will be well enough to walk and enjoy such a great movement again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did go once with my husband for our children in Rouen it was cold and a long walk but we were participating that was important

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will do so. I was marching here in Bellingham, too. Six years ago now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed the women's march in D.C. but we did do the scientists march which was the very next month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eloquent 2017 post still rings true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I reread your blog post, Linda and agree 100% with everything you stated. What an awesome event that was! My son and his family also marched in Washington, D.C. Our march in Hawaii was smaller, but I wish we went to it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.