Thursday, January 5, 2023

Putting Away

 

The last to go were the Santas. 


To minimize my need to walk, Tom took them all down and lined then up on the kitchen counter. All of the storage tubs were placed on chairs behind me so I wouldn't have to bend over. These accommodations do really help to keep me from hurting and getting worn out. 

Some Santas have the protective packaging they came in. Some have the original boxes. I have a puzzle in putting them all back in the right containers, and then stuffing others in where there is room. Since they all came out of these spaces, I know they must fit back in. Brain exercise.
Got it!

The empty shelves got dusted and then filled back up. Tom fetched all of the pottery collection from its various storage places and unpacked them while I found places for them back on the shelves. Some only fit in certain places. I have strict rules for the placement of others. Yes, I can be like that. I directed Tom to place some on high shelves. I tried to step up on a short chair and needed help getting back down. I don't belong up on anything. 

Now except for a couple of cone wreaths which we are still enjoying, everything is back in the storage tubs and waiting in the garage. Tom will take down some of the outside lights this afternoon.

We will ask for help stuffing it back in the attic. There are young people available.

Now the floors are vacuumed and mopped. The house is in order. Tom did most of that too.  

 I guess it's pretty obvious how much Tom does for me now. I plan to take good care of him. 

10 comments:

  1. My lights are still outside. I intended to have them down before now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job! Many Santas to put back in their boxes!
    I have put away part of it but keep the winter decoration on the mantel until spring this year ( I am a bit lazy…)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a yearly tradition now, and I enjoy seeing the changeover every January. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty but too much trouble for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you should ask those young people for more help, don't want you falling off a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of work, but you and Tom do it so well together! I don't do squat about decorating because I am rather lazy and undisciplined. But I do appreciate and admire seeing how you decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not nearly as much fun putting it all away as taking it all out 5 or 6 weeks ago. It must be frustrating to have to delegate so much to Tom that you used to be able to do. Luckily Tom seems quite amenable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for Tom! Stay off the chairs and step ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a beautiful house, Linda and a gorgeous collection of items fitting the seasons. Your Tom is awesome, as are you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.