Monday, January 9, 2023

Quick Trip To Whidbey

 While doing my best to stay tuned to a very exciting Seahawks game on the radio, we drove and sailed up to the Whidbey cabin late Sunday afternoon.



The Seahawks pulled out an overtime victory just we we arrived. Later the Detroit Lions also pulled off a victory which sent Seattle to the playoffs! Seattle fans are happy

Monday morning the tide was high, with the lagoon up over the bulkhead, but without a storm surge or low atmospheric pressure, there was no flooding this time.


We came to the cabin to supervise the installation of eight replacement windows.

The crew was friendly, quick, and efficient. They arrived about 8:45 and were finished before 11:00. We had turned the electric heat off and have been cozy with a fire in the wood stove.

Tom went out to survey the damage under the cabin from the previous flooding. He is texting a crew of younger cabin owners/users to let them know that some work will need to be done under the cabin where a washout has left a part of the foundation undermined, and flotsam has been deposited on the moisture barrier. He also did some tidying up in the front yard, raking mulch back into the beds and resetting the driftwood edging. 


We have no idea what will have survived the salt water bath this area took. We'll just wait and see.

Now we are just going to hang out here for a while before heading home later this afternoon. The sea and sky are a study in light and dark, layers of gray. 



Post Script



If you hang around for any length of time here by sea and sky in the PNW, you may witness sky drama. 

11 comments:

  1. I hope this does not happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double rainbows! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the same wood stove 😆! I hope all the plants won’t die. I wish I was there to get wood to make some crafts. Beautiful rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all returns to shipshape in due time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the rainbows, and I can almost feel how lovely that fire in the wood stove was. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures of the sky, esp the rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sosorry about the high tides. People tend to forget that these can be dangerous. Lovely skies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pete Carroll is overjoyed. But David said it is so unfair that Green Bay is not in the play offs. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your header photo and your rainbows here too. I'm sorry for the damage to the property. I sure hope the soil is not too saturated with salt and that watering it can dilute whatever is there.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.