Saturday, January 7, 2023

Fixing Stuff and More

 

My flowers are from the grocery store now. It's winter, and it was too wet to go out and find some greens to arrange. 

The last time I posted, in the middle of typing, I couldn't add text. After a lot of checking, including finishing the post on my laptop, we finally decided it was the keyboard. It's a rechargeable keyboard. When we located the charging cord and plugged it in, it didn't work. We found another keyboard with a dongle, plugged it in, but left the rechargeable charging. Eventually it charged. Fixed.

I was having trouble with my photo storage on my desk top computer, the one I use for blogging. The photos wouldn't open for editing. I Googled but struck out. We contacted Geek Squad, with whom we have an account. The technician took over my computer remotely and, Fixed! I love Geek Squad. 

The kitchen range oven stopped working this week too. We decided it was the element and ordered a new one, but then realized the top element was out too. Tom called Sears repair service. They have a repairman coming Wednesday. He cancelled the element order. I hope it can be fixed. I do not want to have to shop for a new range, one that will slide in to our island. Thankfully, the top still works. I can cook. 


While I was on my stationary bike this morning, Tom was out in the rain taking down the outside lights and collecting cords. 


All the Christmas stuff from inside and outside is being stored in the garage, awaiting a youthful assistant. No hurry.


We have room in the garage because Isaac is using our van until he can replace his car. He was in an accident just before Thanksgiving but has recovered well both physically and emotionally. Tomorrow, Sunday, January 8th, is his 20th birthday.

Everyone is busy, so we'll celebrate later in the week.

But there will be some treats and birthday wishes for him to find tonight and tomorrow when we comes home from work. 

We love you, Isaac. Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to a handsome Isaac. Sorry to hear he was in an accident, but good to know there was good recovery. Flowers do add something to a home -- as does your table topper and bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never go out and work in such rain. Us dry landers like it dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Isaac. Good news that he wasn't too damaged in the accident even if his car was. I wish him good luck finding a different one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a geek squad here too! Hope the accident was not too bad. A very happy birthday to Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Isaac! Glad the accident was not serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isaac is 20? Wow that sure went fast. And congratulations on getting all that stuff down and ready for storage. And glad to hear that Isaac is okay after an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder I like Isaac so much. We're both Capricorns. My birthday was Jan. 7.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe he's 20 already. Where does the time go? Ouch! I hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.