Thursday, January 12, 2023

Another Storm, Another Cleanup

 While we were watching rainbows on Whidbey Island Monday afternoon, another wind storm ripped through south Seattle and scattered tree debris all over the homestead. 

Tuesday morning, after our Zoom visit,  we were on clean up duty, me with a rake and Tom with the yard waste bins. We got the long driveway raked and cleaned up and then Tom did the bending necessary to pick up the lawn area while I got my work out on the stationary bike. 

It was a dry, partly sunny, almost balmy day. With daylight lasting a bit longer now, I was outside again about 4:00 to pick a bouquet of greens for the powder room. 


On Wednesday, after my bike work out, I was again outside. I helped a bit with ladders as Tom got the Christmas lights off the house, and supervised him on the roof, using the blower to clean off the debris and fir needles. 


While I caught him, he stopped and caught me. I'm not sure what this decrepit old woman could do if he fell off the roof, but I was ready to call 911. I did question him thoroughly about how he was feeling and about his balance. As you can see, it was another balmy day and the roof was dry. 

Once the roof was cleaned off, I was in charge of blower duty on the ground while Tom put stuff away.




All cleaned up. Tom got the lawn mowed/vacuumed too. 

It was all looking spiffy as we left Wednesday evening to join Jill, Isaac and Irene at a local restaurant to celebrate Isaac's 20th birthday, belatedly. We had lots of good food and did some catching up.

Now, today, the rain has returned, but not that atmospheric river that was predicted. They are still dealing with that up and down the Pacific Coast though. We lucked out. 

Jill and Isaac will be over this evening to help get all of the tubs and boxes of Christmas stuff put back into the attic. Then we will be officially DONE!

8 comments:

  1. I had a nice walk in almost-dry weather today, with the rain now hitting the roof, which is fine with me since I am inside and warm and dry! Glad Tom was careful, and that you were standing by just in case. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get stern lectures from my daughter on the evils and perils of climbing ladders. I think I've almost got all the message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Tom made it safely off the roof:) Your lawn looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once my husband fell of a ladder and now I am scared and always ready to call the emergency in case… I am admirative of all the work you are both doing! Now you can have a weekend rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad all went well, the work got done, and no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Tom will stay off ladders from here on. They really are dangerous to us retired folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaack! Tom is on the roof?!? That is so scary! Please tell him to stay earthbound from now on. That is so dangerous. I'm always thoroughly amazed at all he accomplishes.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.