Saturday, January 14, 2023

Sunny Day

 That title has me singing:

Sunny day, Sweepin' the clouds away.

Thank you Sesame Street.

I was thinking that the 49ers might be wishing they were playing the Seahawks in Seattle, but then I checked the weather in San Francisco and it looks like they mostly lucked out. Most of the latest atmospheric river has gone south of them again.

We have had moderate rain the last two days. Nothing serious. And it's warm-ish, temps in the low to mid 50's.

Today for my exercise I spent 40 minutes walking around the yard, finding signs of spring, and checking up on Tom, who is cutting the old leaves off of the budding hellebores. 



Found him, coffee cup in hand. :-)

Have coffee, will work. 

I look at the clean up that needs to be done, and it makes me unhappy that I can't do it. Maybe next year. 

The winter Jasmine are finally starting to bloom, buds ready to burst. 




The Sarcococca bush under the window is in bloom, wafting its vanilla scent into the sun warmed air. I pick sprigs of it to add to the green bouquet to bring the scent inside. 




Primroses are budding up to renew the blooms that were embattled by the hard frost and snow we had before Christmas. 


I found euonymus seed pods almost ready to break open and show off their wonderful pink and orange colors. Such beauty in the little things.

Like these tiny mushrooms in the mossy lawn. 
It will be a while before we shed winter, but there are signs of promise waiting to be found. 



12 comments:

  1. You have promises of spring, green things and flowers... and we are covered in snow! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you have blooms beginning to occur. Your plants have been developed for that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardening season never ends! It's still all white here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you are having nice weather, especially since my daughter and her family left here last week after spending days on the beach and in the sun. And today, my son left for California. Today is a very fine day in Hawaii nei. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was a nice break from rain and I managed to cut more Hellebore leaves. There's a lot that needs to be done and I need to learn patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yard and garden is a delight! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so wonderful to see things beginning to return after our cold snap. Your yard always gives me joy to see it doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is full of amazing gifts in return for all the care you two give it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We still have a few months before we see spring here. I bet it is invigorating to see the new growth knowing spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No signs of spring here! We are back to winter and frost this week! Snow in some places… after lots of rain.
    I like you garden shed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh! Your Tom is the energizer bunny, even more so than Art.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.