Thursday, March 16, 2023

Home Alone!

 

                                                          Flowers Tom bought me, Monday?

Tom has been my steadfast caretaker. We have both managed to mostly stay patient through these first stages of my recovery. Today I am managing well enough that he could go somewhere else more important for a few hours.

Today is Irene's first high school track meet of the season. Our granddaughter is a senior at Mt Rainier HS and runs 100 and 300 meter hurdles and the 4x200 m relay. Also on the track is daughter Jill, who has stepped in as sprint coach when the team didn't have enough coaching support. She is loving it. I look forward to a full report with photos/videos when Tom gets home. He is also bringing home pizza.

After my glowing report in my last post, I had a setback. Trying to sleep in bed can be tricky this early in recovery. I'm kind of like a turtle on it's back. I tried to turn on my side and wrenched my surgical wound a good one. I relegated myself to the recliner, and did again last night, where I spend much of my time. I'm a little sleep deprived, and so is Tom, but we know it will slowly get better.

The sun is shining on those kids out there on the athletic field. I love watching track and field events.  I may make it to a few meets, maybe the warm ones. :-) It's still cold today.

14 comments:

  1. Speedy recovery! I know those athletes appreciate the crowd support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there can be some set backs which make recovery frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call or ask your PT for suggestions. (A pillow between your legs when you turn? Or reuse that A-shaped foam pillow you had after surgery? You don't want stressed incision sites to get infected, or require extensive wound care. Glad Dr. Tom had a day off from his scheduled duties. You're talking about track and field! Slow down, you're still recovering. You ARE probably winning the race among all of the other folks who had hip surgery this month. Ask your PT. I bet they'll say you're in first place! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it’s frustrating not being able to see your granddaughter , but Tom will bring you a good report and pizzas! Our recliners are very useful , I am using it quite often! 😆 have a good day. ( your fowers have a beautiful colour)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you are having a setback. But I know that you and Tom will prevail over this new surgery, sooner rather than later, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, most recoveries are cyclic things. You will get better, but I know how disappointing it is to miss going to the field events in person. Your flowers are lovely! Hope you get a chance to sit out and soak up some sun on this beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our bodies are miracles. Here's hoping you get a speedy flash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you had a setback, I do hope you're able to get some rest. The flowers are gorgeous!
    Good luck to Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Linda, I'm so glad your surgery went well. Sorry I missed your last three posts. You look beautiful in the picture standing behind the walker. Wish I could bring you a big bouquet of flowers. Hope you feel better every day. Good that you have such a sweet family caring for you. I think I felt your pain, reading how you tried to turn on your side and hurt your surgical wound. That must have hurt! Take care. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Linda, I'm so happy that I've discovered how I can again comment on your and other blogs where commenting has recently been impossible. I kept seeing a small box in the upper left hand corner of my computer screen that asked me if I would allow cookies on your blog. IF I click 'yes' I can comment. Who knew it was so simple to fix?
    I've been following your recovery and it's too bad about the set back. Hopefully you'll mend and be able to sleep comfortably again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like resting in my recliner, too. Sometimes, it's better than my bed. Take care. I hope for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The recliner is probably safer:) Glad you are doing mostly Okay, thank goodness for Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh...Linda. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. But hurrah for Tom for being such an excellent caregiver. That is a gorgeous flower arrangement that Tom got you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are recuperating well, Linda. It will take time. My DIL flew in this week to have her sutures (or staples) taken out. She too is doing a little better each day. There will be some set-backs (which she knows as she is a nurse), but attitude helps as well as a good support system... which I think you both have.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.