Thursday, January 14, 2010

Domestic Goddess

While getting my beef stew started and into the oven, I was watching Martha Stewart. Her program today was about blogging! I guess we all know how to do that!
Now the stew is stewing and filling the house with mouthwatering aromas, and the promise of a hearty dinner on this dark, rainy day.
Before that, I finally finished a pillow project I started a long time ago.
I found this wonderful fabric at a shop in Freeland on Whidbey Island and had to use it for something. I did some preliminary cutting, and then ran out of time. The garden called, the grand kids were coming - something like that. I don't remember for sure.
The bad news is the shop closed last summer. I loved going there.
The good news is with all these machines I have now, I had just the impetus and the tools to finish the job.
January is the perfect time to dig out all of those unfinished or avoided projects, and complete them. I'll have to see what I can find next. I'm sure there're more.

16 comments:

  1. They look great! It's fun getting to see what you create with your sewing projects. Easter dress in your granddaughter's future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you self-publish a memoir? You write well and you are a good photographer, too. It would be a great present for your children and other relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Linda, that is gorgeous! I love how you framed your pillow. It really sets off the bird design beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really beautiful, Linda! How fun and particularly now that you have all this great equipment!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the next project! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. you do such beautiful work!!

    I love the header photo
    beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  7. inspiring post. I've got to make some stew or soup-got a cousin and hubby coming to visit. And I have a pillow two of them to finish. Love your pillows. Unfinished projects abound at my house even though it's sunny and 56 degrees yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ears perk up when I hear people talk about blogging too.

    The birds on the pillow make me ready for Spring!!

    Have a great weekend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely pillows! I felt like I could reach out and touch the little bird! If you need more projects I bet I could find plenty around here to send to you LOL. I do agree with you that now is the time to finish up the old and look forward to the new projects. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda those are beautiful. You so make me ready to retire. I would love to have that stew recipe. I love a good stew. How about posting it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very positive and talented Linda. I enjoy seeing your efforts. Thanks for sharing them with us. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are living the life that I wanted to..cook and sew and do projects...didn't quite work out that way, but I can enjoy reading about your projects...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are lovely! May I also say I love the pattern on your chair also? A shame the shop had to close down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems Martha is a little behind the times... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.