Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Improvements All Around (Revised)

We attended a good soccer match last night at Qwest Field, along with 36,400 other Sounders fans. It rained, of course, but we all have rain gear here, so we were reasonably comfortable. We lost 1-0 to our nemeses, the LA Galaxy, but we saw some good play. -
We took the light rail into town, as we always do, so when we decided to drop in on Jake at Harborview Medical Center after the game, it meant hiking up First Hill. I made up for the lapse in my exercise routine earlier in the day!
-
Jake was doing well after his surgery, and after a short stay, we hiked back down the hill and rode the train home.
-
Now today, the wet hats and gloves and shoes and jackets and ponchos are all dried and put away. Jake was released from the hospital this afternoon and Tom picked him up and took him home. He is happily settling in and his sense of humor has returned, allowing him to laugh over some of his hospital experiences. He still as to be careful, but the healing is beginning.
-
Low and behold, there was even blue sky this morning!
I had to stay put here at home today because the two contractors we had hired for our latest home improvement projects both decided today the the day for installation.
- The first to arrive was the gutter screen installer. He replaced a section of gutter over the garage, cleaned out all of the gutters, and then installed micro screens.
He was still working when the garage door installer arrived.
Here's the "Before" picture
And the "After" photo. Quite as face lift.
Our garage door opener is over 30 years old, so the door installer wouldn't touch it, but Tom knows how to hook it up, so now it's working at a push of the button.
I also talked to my mother a little while ago, and she is doing fine too. She's still in her home, and getting by, for now. It will be a month by month process now. My sister, the nurse, will go see her on Saturday and do another assessment.
-
And so, for now, once again all is well.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Fab new garage door, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific new garage door! Always great to make improvements! Hope your son is doing better! Have a great evening!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I messed up. This was not ready for publication, and now I've lost my completed blog. Stand by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good there and the sky is blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a new one, Linda, it was so different, but I see my comment there. Thank heavens that Jake is on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to have a handy guy around the house, and I meant Tom. The house looks totally, fantastically wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all sounds great. I like the new garage door. Those new lighter weight ones are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really should install a garage door, also, but it's so expensive because we would have to enclose the entire garage.

    Glad that Jake and your mother are doing well. Also glad that your sister, the nurse, will check on her this weekend. That should be reassuring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to prepare dinner so had to leave suddenly. Just wanted to tell you I'm so relieved that Jake is doing better and that your mom is somewhat stable. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear your son is back home and doing well. When I saw the photo of the guy on the roof, I thought you were going to say Jake climbed up there and got to work immediately after getting back home. Phew! The new garage door looks mighty spiffy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new garage door is beautiful, such a change it creates. Glad all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new garage door is indeed quite an improvement, looks very nice.

    I'm relieved to hear Jake and your mom are both improved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Linda,
    so glad things are looking up...too many things going on at once, yes? I love the face-lift on your new garage door...very sharp!
    and so glad your son is home to rest and recooperate.
    Please enjoy that beautiful blue sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new garage door looks good Linda - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be interested to see how those screens work as we are thinking about something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new garage doors!!

    Glad Jake and your mom are doing better.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.