Friday, March 25, 2011

Reconnected and Ready to Go

This is the planter I put together to take to Jake yesterday, to brighten his porch.
-
I posted last night that we were experiencing trouble with our bundled Comcast service. I was able to use the unshielded wireless service from a neighbor and my little Acer net book to get online for a short time last night.
-
This morning we went off to our regular Friday morning breakfast gathering, and got home in time to greet the cable guy during the appointed time, 10:00 to 12:00. He arrived about 11:00 and found the problem. We were disconnected from the top of the pole out at the street. Neither he nor we have any idea how that happened.
-
After about 45 minutes and a trip up a ladder to the top of the pole, we were back in business. Except. We had phone and TV, but no Internet. Tom had to reset the modem, and he forgot how and messed it up. He tried to call Comcast and got lost in the phone menu. About that time Comcast called my cell to check on the service call, so after waiting through the survey I was connected to a PERSON. That person helped Tom get the modem reset correctly.
-
And so we are back in business. And the sun is still shining. I worked outside for a while, did my exercises, ate lunch, and got caught up on e-mail and Facebook.
-
Now I need to spend some time on my stationary bike. I just logged my food for the day, including the stadium hot dog, peanuts and popcorn I will probably eat at the Sounders game tonight, and it wasn't good. I am officially down 20 pounds as of this morning, my first target goal, but I have much more to lose, so I've got to go work off that hotdog!
-
Tomorrow it will be raining. I'll try to catch up on my blog reading then. I'll see you o the Internet!

13 comments:

  1. I love the planter you put together. It is full of some of my favorite flowers. I hope your son is doing much better.

    Good for you on the weight loss. How long have you been doing this now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been counting calories for just over two months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Linda, 20 pounds is a lot. I'm very pleased for you. It does give you a real feeling of accomplishment doesn't it, makes you feel like you're back in control.

    I love Jake's pretty spring flowers. Perhaps I should buy some when I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers! If I put mine on my porch, someone would steal the planter.

    Congrats on losing 20 lbs. That's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a gorgeous planter! You are such an artistic gardener. Actually, you're just artistic, period. You've got a great eye for color and design. I'll bet Jake loved it. Thank goodness you're all connected again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cheery planter arrangement. You are doing great on the weight loss. So many of us in that particular boat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am down ten pounds in two months, Linda, although I had less to lose, it feels good. While I'm in Texas, I'm going to try to eat without logging the food and see how it goes. If I return home next Wednesday and find that I've gained weight, then it will be back to logging. After two months I'm ready for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That should brighten Jake's day. Our router often needs to be reset and I just unplug it for a few seconds and that seems to do it. You may have had a more complicated problem.
    Catching up with your posts. I don't know where you two get the energy to keep up that big garden, and you have another one on Whidbey Island as well.
    That machine does a much neater job of embroidery than I do my hand but I like the process of hand work, its almost like meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That planter would make anyone feel better! I just love primroses.

    Glad they were able to fix the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do love your header photo! And the planter for Jake is simply beautiful, so cheery. I am so spoiled by the internet, I don't know what I would do without it for more than a day, if that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda,
    congrats on the 20 lb. loss...keep up the good work and allow yourself to indulge in things you enjoy; it will pay off in the long run!
    Have a stupendous week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bowl of flowers looks great Linda. Hey, you have been able to lose 20 pounds? Wow! Good for you. Think I need to go on a diet too - Dave

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.