Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Lied

Well, I didn't really lie, I just jumped the gun. It seems the old garage door opener closed the new door just fine, but then, in changing the settings, something went wrong, and it wouldn't open the door. Today Tom spent the day installing a new garage door opener. But since the first one lasted 30 years and this new Sears opener is the same model and only cost $150, I think we can afford it. And now the new door really does open and close at the press of a button. And Jake and friend Tad joined us for dinner this evening, to share the big pot of "Irish" stew I made today. I'm sending some left overs home with each of them, and we have enough for dinner tomorrow. I hope you all had a good St. Pat's Day, with no pinching.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Jake is on the mend and your mother is doing better.
    When our son damaged his eye (among other things) in a bicycle accident he didn't ride for several years, afraid of injury to the other eye. Now he is back riding but more cautiously he says. Not only is it an import exercise but an important social outlet. In some respects it is a matter of mental health versus safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news for everyone! Happy Pat's Day, Linda. I wore a green muumuu, had a pedicure, and all is well in gigi's little world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy day, Linda! I'm really relieved that things are getting back to normal. Thank goodness Jake survived his ordeal happily and that Tom figured out how to fix the garage door. He sure is a whiz, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I had a busy day and forgot to wear green but no one pinched me...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you while I was on Whidbey Island yesterday, Linda. And it was just a wonderful day, even if a bit on the cool and breezy side. At least it wasn't raining and we had sunshine now and then!

    Congratulations on the garage door opener and things returning to normal in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had to replace ours... had it done. .. Hubby uses duck tape in most repairs and I don't think that would work..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the glory of having someone else install both the garage doors and the openers!!

    Glad Jake felt well enough to share a meal with you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.