Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trip Planning

I love travel planning! This is not a big trip, not one of those three to four week European road trips, that take weeks of planning. This is just a little road trip, but it's exciting just the same. We will be going to Colorado in April for granddaughter Irene's birthday, which is the Sunday before Easter. The following Friday we will all go to a soccer match, Sounders vs. Colorado Rapids. The kids have requested that we stay for Easter, so we will. We will fly home late Easter Sunday night. The week in between everybody will be going to school and work, so we are going to rent a car and take a little road trip into Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska. Well be out four days, three nights. This is all new territory for us. We've been studying maps, brochures Jill sent us, and the Internet. I think we have an itinerary. The next step will be to make reservations. We will see Devil's Tower, The Badlands National Park, Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monuments, The Black Hills and Custer State Park, Wind Cave National Park, Mammoth Site, Chimney, Courthouse and Jail Rocks on the Oregon Trail, Carhenge, and Scottsbluff National Monument. As you can tell, we go for natural and historical features and national parks and monuments. We haven't taken any trips for over a year. We've been concentrating on home improvement projects, and I've been working on getting my body back to where I can walk all day again. This will be a good start. I can tell I'm getting the travel itch again.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Linda - from another Linda! I came across your blog and knew immediately by the beautiful glass in your header that you had to be from Seattle! I've been browsing your posts and feasting my eyes on your photograhs. I shall be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trips are so much fun and there is always a whole lot to see. You've got a great trip planned Linda. Can't wait to see all those photos already :) Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TERRIFIC!!! I look forward to your photos. Wonder if your trip will coincide with Kay's, who is visiting some national monuments and parks during the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting. One thing is for sure, every place you visit will know you've been there because nothing will escape your eyes. I'm looking forward to a full report, including pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip you have planned. My husband and I have made a road trip through that area and we loved it. The photo albums I have of our trips to the west are among my favorities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds fun, you can sometimes run into snow that time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great. I think that you are planning your trip during a great part of the year. I hope your foot is better and ready to take you on all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, we really do live parallel lives. We are planning on seeing most of those places in June, too. I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its good to plan your trips before you go Linda. It ensures that you see things and know what to expect. We did that for our recent Wellington trip and did almost everything we planned - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. We want to take a similar trip this fall...I so want to do some photography in those areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also look forward to your reports as well as your pictures. You'll get a chance to work on using your new camera in different settings. And I'll be interested in learning how you fare with food in restaurants. I've been unable to weigh myself here in Florida, but I still am using the calorie count website to monitor what I eat. At least I don't think I've gained any back, even if I'm not losing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. road trip!
    I call shotgun ;)

    it all sounds wonderful
    and of course make sure to take lots of photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting road trip you have planned. I want to drive out West, but husband threatens to do himself in. He will, however, agree to flying out and picking up a car. It may be worth it just to see all those glorious sights.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.