Saturday, March 17, 2012

Again? Still? Really? Enough!!!

I was NOT dreaming of a white St. Patrick's Day!


 Yes, this is today.  More snow.

But there's hope.  After three hours of steady snow, which thankfully did not accumulate on paved surfaces, it has finally let up.  It's drippy, foggy, and 35 degrees.  And the Weather Underground map shows clearing skies and just a few showers off the coast.


That's good, because today is day of the "Wearin' of the green", Sounders Rave Green that is!  This evening we kick off the new MLS season here in Seattle, with flags and bands and giant tifo.


That means yards and yards of fabric displays.  Son Jake is heavily involved with the Emerald City Supporters..  Tom will get to trot out onto the soccer field, carrying a big flag, as a representative of our North End Faithful supporter group.  Opening ceremonies will be a big deal.  We don't need no more rain or snow!  We need a short break.


We know the rain/snow will be back tomorrow.  It's written on the westerly winds.


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Joan at The Retirement Chronicles posted a few 'green' photos.  She runs an amateur photo contest each month, which I usually enter.  This month the theme is GREEN, so I looked through my photo files from the past year to see what I could find.


Living here in the PNW there is always something green.  I found a few.  I haven't decided which one photo to enter yet, but here are a few not chosen.


HAPPY GREEN DAY!
May the luck be with those wearing green.









Hooray for Green!

14 comments:

  1. Love the green pictures! Snow can't last long at this time of year (I hope). Anxious to get home and get gardening, so spring needs to show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, what a fun post...that is ALL the photos for green, NOT the white ones...UGH! I love your soccer gear and all your get ups...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typically Maine would be likely to get snow today, but it's been sunny and warm here. Can't say that I mind.

    I do get a kick out of your family's devotion to the Sounders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Sure you've a little snow, but it is darn beautiful. This is truly a perfectly green post. I love the green family photo. Good luck!!!

    And Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By all means, go for the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the snow. Hope it's not unbearably cold for the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you saw the snow your reaction must have been "You've got to be kidding me!" Amazing! Lovely 'green' photos. Great picture of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your green post. The family photo is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sp grateful that I don't have to choose! Your photos are all awesome. But, I agree that for this contest, the Family Sounders is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you are getting moisture! We are finally getting some rain here. The grass outside has been so dry and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've almost decided on my own "green" picture, Linda. You're right that we have plenty to choose from here. I love your rejects! We had lots of rain here yesterday morning and a very wet St Patty's Day runnin' of the green. By afternoon, however, it was sunny and dry! There's hope, but I sure know what you mean. It's time for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all the green..oh my gosh..here I am in shorts and you need a coat and boots..I am so sorry about this Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It doesn't seem fair, some places get too much precipitation while others stay dry.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.