Thursday, April 17, 2014

And then the Rain Returned

We had a wonderful stretch of sunny days, but now the rain has returned. 
It rained all day yesterday, and it doesn't seem to have any intention of stopping today either.  

Tom and Jake worked out in it all day yesterday, rebuilding the garden deck.  I'll be saving that for another post when the project is complete.  Today they declared a rest day, a day to stay dry.

I missed my walk yesterday, but this afternoon I decided I needed to get out.  I put on my rain pants and my rain coat, and surprisingly, Tom decided to come with me.
It was drippy but not cold and the air smelled fresh and sweet.
 We walked in the neighborhood.
Then back home I took a few photos of the flowers in the rain before coming in.  April showers make happy flowers.



The hostas are emerging and getting ready to unfurl.
 The first apple blossoms have opened.




 The Princess Irene tulips ↓ are blooming in time for Irene's birthday today.  She is nine, and we'll be celebrating this evening and again on Easter Sunday.
 The azalea bonsai is in full bloom. 
And now I am warm and dry inside and happy to have ventured out into the rain for a couple of miles of walking.

14 comments:

  1. I am impressed. I suppose that if you live in a rain forest you have to be prepared to do some things in the rain. Such lush flowers! We are slowly losing the snow here. It did turn the grass green in spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the sun but the pots were starting to get dry so I'm glad that the rain has returned! Ready for more of that sun now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard is so gorgeous! I would want to sit on that patio all day long. What a lucky woman you are. I have never seen an azalea bonsai before but it is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good fro you to get out and walk when it's not very nice. Because you made the effort we see some very colorful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was drippy but not cold today, as we got our exercise out in the light misty rain. It is nice to be home, though, warm and dry, with a full tummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had rain today also...right after the spouse turned on the irrigation! Your flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely flowers even in the rain? ARe those phlox?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is so beautiful, even in the rain. I have seen Princess Irene on several blogs this spring. I think I need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Irene. How nice that her personal flower is blooming for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your Irene! Your gardens are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful even in the rain.... Happy Birthday Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are amazing - nothing stops you - rain, wind, cold, etc. Your gardens are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live in such a beautiful area, Linda. I guess the rain keeps everything green. We've been getting a lot of rain here in Hawaii too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.