Thursday, August 24, 2017

Summer Flowers

 When I went out to pick flowers for the house this week, I needed all three baskets. My cutting garden is full of dazzling dahlias, zinging zinnias, and marvelous marigolds. 

 I like to use pieces from my pottery collection as containers. 
 Here's where they come from in the garden. 


 The butterfly bushes are about done, but I like to bring a few into the house because of the wonderful fragrance. 
 And now they adorn the bathroom, 
 and the family room,

 and the hearth.
 The butterfly bush blooms are on the kitchen counter where I can smell them. 
The bouquet on the kitchen table was picked a few days before. 
Oh, and these new blooms I picked up at the Puyallup Farmers Market. 
 Sounder Elf likes them.


13 comments:

  1. Wow, fresh flowers everywhere!! Just lovely and you do a great job arranging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of flowers for the house. Thanks for sharing and passing out some good ideas for showing off flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These bright colors perfectly reflect this warm and wonderful time of the year. The blooms look especially nice in containers from your pottery collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a treat to have enough flowers to make bouquets for every room. I always like the way you make your bouquets. I like that little bit of alliteration too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection of pottery vases, and your colorful flowers look wonderful, so bright and cheery in them. I've started collecting a few from thrift stores. I've decided to turn at least one of my raised veggie beds into a cutting garden next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful both the flowers and the stunning containers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful flowers, Linda. You have such a fabulous green thumb. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah almost fall flowers everywhere-nice vases and arrangements...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the arrangements, but those Sounders blooms gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.