Friday, April 19, 2019

Bunnies and Chicks and Ducks, Oh My.

For many, Easter Week is a holy time.  For others it is a celebration of Spring, of new life. Of course, it can be both. 
One of my blog friends recently posted pics of all of the bunnies in her house. She even had a real one, outside.

I have a few too, along with other spring critters that I have collected over the years.

On the kitchen table.
In the powder room.
On the mantel
On the coffee table and end tables.


Stuck here and there on the pottery shelves.
On the hearth.
On the old family trunk/coffee table. 

In the dining room.

There were jelly beans in the white bunny dish, but I ate them, so I didn't refill it. :-)
By great grandmother's clock. The ceramic bunny on the right belonged to my grandmother. 
Eggs hanging from the mosaic plaque purchased from the craftswoman in Rome. 
In the collection case. 
And there is one outside too.
The danger of taking my camera outside is that it is hard to stop.  Here Princes Irene dances with purple and orange. 

She supplies my color scheme for this bed too. 

These clashing colors get their own space. 

The red leaf Japaneses maple is blooming. 
King George rhodie is about to hold court. 
Guess who.
Beautiful green!
Lewisia looking like Easter eggs
Fancy trillium announce the Trinity. 

And bless their hearts, the native white trillium go out with a burst of glorious color. 
Charlie is pretty decorative too, as he follows me around the garden.
Spring is certainly worth celebrating!  If you don't have yours yet, I hope it comes soon. 

Whatever you do, however you celebrate or mark the day, I wish you happiness and blessings on this Easter. 

13 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too Linda. Your decorations are certainly cheerful. It is so cold here today. We were spoiled with some really warm days then back to reality. Easter is supposed to be warm though. I am looking forward to it. Your garden looks so lush. Mine is just getting there. The cold rain demolished all the tulips sadly but different plants will be blooming soon with the rain and warmer weather returning. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking just beautiful! I love all your Easter decorations. Your pottery always takes me back to my childhood. At different times we lived in the two cities in Arkansas where the Niloak and Camark pottery was made and I remember visiting them as a child. Have a wonderful Easter Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Easter kitty in your garden! happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! Your various displays are lovely and have sentimental meaning as well. AND your garden, I know I keep gushing over it but I can't help myself. It is so beautiful! Charlie looks absolutely adorable in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all today's pictures but especially the first one. Now I want some cute chicks like you have!! And I noticed the green glass salt and pepper shakers... my Mom used to have the same ones.
    Have a great Easter Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you could have the eye to pick up all the Easter decorations and figurines and then display them in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a collection of bunnies and chicks. I love them all! You have them displayed so pretty. The purple and orange tulips are simply beautiful, and I love that last picture of the kitty. His white fur glows and makes the picture so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have a plethora of bunnies! I enjoyed looking at them all, and the gorgeous tulips in your garden. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the best kind of bunnies and chicks. Charlie looks so at home in your garden. Think you ought to make a Charlie Calendar with 12 poses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we are moving quickly into summer as it was 86 degrees today...no rabbits inside but lots of bird statues and an occasional frog...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always fun to visit your house during holidays as you go all out with the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers and lovely color. Lots of bunnies too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your collection of fun spring stuff on display. Your garden is looking gorgeous as ever.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.