Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Morning Glory, and a Birthday

We are not early to bed, early to rise, so by the time I walk out to the street to fetch the newspaper (yes, we do still get and read a news PAPER) at this time of the year, the sun is well up in the sky. 

We have had a lot of rain lately, but Monday morning the sky was clear blue and the sun was making magic in the garden. The robins were singing "Cheer up, cheer up" as I made my way down the driveway.
 Easter colors were hatching. 
 In the back yard, still partly in shade, there was a glow. 





I was singing this song in my head all day.


Morning Has Broken
Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning
God's recreation of the new day
Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing
Praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world



 The Princess Irene tulips are blooming, and right on schedule. Today is Irene's 14th birthday!
She used to love everything princess. 
She's still our darling girl, of course, but now not so much into princessing as she is into performance. 


Happy Birthday, Beautiful Irene!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures and Happy Birthday to a lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty in your yard and in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene is indeed a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been fun watching her grow into such a beautiful young woman. Happy Birthday Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Irene! Great shot of her leaping that hurdle, I bet she fills you with pride. I wish my garden was as tidy as yours, but some untidiness is in my nature, I think. Some day soon when Nigel retires I'll be able to stay up late and sleep late too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter Irene. Fourteen is a wonderful age!

    Love the photos of the garden (as I always do). Your hard work and efforts are clearly on display. Thanks for sharing.
    As for the song, I sang it through...it was a favorite of mine when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Irene! Time does go fast and she will be off to college before you know it. I love that last picture of Jill, Irene and Isaac! Your gardens looks beautiful as always. Enjoy the birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Irene! You are a beautiful woman already. I have loved watching you grow from a child into a woman here on Linda's blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Irene! She is absolutely beautiful. That is such a good picture of the three, and they all are beautiful. I also enjoyed the pictures of your yard. Each of them look like paintings that should be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish Irene a happy birthday. Your plants are maturing rapidly even if thee is a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to Irene. What a lovely picture of her and her mom and brother.

    Your flowerbeds are gorgeous. Full of colour and so neat!! your photos inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Irene!! Her namesake Tulips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Irene! A beautiful family portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great photos, fun to watch your grandkids grow up...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely blooms you have Linda. All your hard work certainly pays off. Your beautiful family is adorable especially the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.