Tuesday, April 2, 2019

A Happy Anniversary

On Friday, the day of our 50th Anniversary, we started the day as we do every Friday, with breakfast with retired teachers from Tom's former school. There was a pile of cards from our friends. I shared our wedding albums. 
Tally, our Friday morning server, who has become a dear friend, brought us a still warm from the oven blueberry coffee cake, compliments of the staff. It was delicious. 
We all ordered our breakfasts, many of us saying "I'll have my usual", and then we had cake! 


It was a sweet start to the day! At home, Tom and I went for our usual walk, and we puttered about, doing a few things that needed to get done. We packed what we would need for the weekend.  

Then we joined our family for dinner at a local Chinese restaurant.
I had reserved a round table with a Lazy Susan. Everybody ordered their favorite dishes, and we turned the table to share and eat, and eat some more. Conversation was varied and lively.

We departed the restaurant with good wishes and we on our way, 
 We drove north through the city as the sun was setting.
Glorious color drew us on as we passed the Everett Boeing Plant. 
 I walked to the lighthouse as we waited for our ferry at the Mukilteo dock. 



The sun was gone by the time we reached the cabin on Whidbey Island, but the party wasn't over. We went next door to Tom's cousin's cabin where they awaited us with more good wishes, and dessert!

It was a good day, filled with friends and family and love and sweet attention, and slow time and busy time. We felt properly celebrated, and we looked forward to a new day of fun in the morning. 

12 comments:

  1. I wish you the best year ahead, and congratulations on your anniversary. The only way I could make 50 years if I added up all my marriages together! I will have to be content with 25 years with my dear husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great celebration-monumental milestone-congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. It is something important to celebrate. Your friends and family know the significance of such a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. You celebrated in grand style. Fifty years huh? Not hard when you have the right partner or so I've heard. Love that lazy Susan table. What a cool idea. Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary...so much food, I would not eat for thenext day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!
    It sure sounds like you had a great day.
    Enjoy your little get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a wonderful marriage and life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on reaching the Golden Anniversary! Your day was special indeed. You are surrounded by much love and live in a beautiful place. Having the roots and the traditions that you do are rare these days. That too is something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary to you and Tom! A beautiful day in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What nice quiet celebrations you had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 50 years of Marriage. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I love seeing your together. You all are such a happy family.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.