Thursday, April 11, 2019

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Jake is 44 today. He's our youngest, and that might mean we are getting old. It certainly does mean Jake is getting older, but you can't really tell by his activities and adventures. 

Jake is a land surveyor, and the land he surveys is not typical. He measures the movement of dams up in the mountains. He measures the meandering banks of lakes and rivers. He captures his surroundings in beautiful photography.






Sometimes instead of measuring in the mountains, he is taking measure of himself, climbing those mountains.





 Or skiing down them. 
Jake is a soccer lover, and a weekend soccer player.


Jake is a fun loving cousin.
And a brother to his adventure seeking sister. 
Jake is an uncle, and a beloved son, and a precious member of our family. 
Jake is not much for the public spotlight, or having his picture taken, so I resort to sources like Facebook to capture him. He may not thank me for this post, but to know him is to love him, and now you all know him just a little bit more.

Happy Birthday, Jake!

16 comments:

  1. Thrips is so exciting! Sounds like his job is a perfect fit for him. Not nearly enough people are lucky enough to have those kind of jobs. Congratulations to Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post more than I can say. I have a son about Jake's age that is also not much for pictures or the public spotlight but he is also many of the things you say about Jake. Many people are quiet and private but oh so very special! Happy Birthday Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet, what a great job he has...I thought he worked for the postal service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did work for the USPS for a while. He liked the work and was good at it, but the archaic practices and the brutal management style in the postal station drove him away. After he quit, he delivered for UPS to tide him over while he job searched and landed this job, which had him returning to surveying, but this time in a job perfect for him.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Jake! I understand the desire to stay out of the spotlight. Although I blog, I seldom post photos of myself. Honestly, the only person who seems to take good pictures of me is Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Jake.
    ( I hope he didn't mind too much that you posted pictures).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Jake! You come from a loving family, and it just figures that you would be loving and accomplished, too. I feel like I know your family from Linda's blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Jake. what a cool job! I've never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Jake is amazing...like the rest of your family. Those pictures are breathtaking. Happy Birthday Jake. Don't know why, but I was thinking Jake was older than Jill. You have a beautiful family. Think I've told you that a time or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful photos! Congrats on celebrating having a wonderful son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Jake! I can tell he takes after his mother...he's an incredible photographer. Such a different perspective than what tourists would see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your Jake! He is almost the same age as our youngest daughter, she will be 44 in September. It looks like Jake has an awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like he has the perfect job for himself. These pictures did tell us so much more about him!
    My son turned 50 in March and I felt really old myself. One's children should not be eligible for AARP!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jake will always have a special place in our hearts. Great memories of adventures on the farm with cousin Andy. Both boys loved pigs and wanted to be pig farmers when they grew up. That didn't happen but what great people they turned out to be

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to Jake...
    thank you for sharing wondering pictures...
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.