Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I'm 75!

I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I guess it's better than not getting to 75. 
Once I was little, and young, very young. Here I am with my mother and my sister Ilene, about 1945.


It's funny that I have been spending so much time and thought leading up to our big celebration on Saturday, that I already thought of myself as 75. Now I am.

We were up early to beat the rain in order to get the lawn mowed and edged. Unless we get a big storm today, the yard is now ready. The party rental truck will be here tomorrow. 

I'll check a few more things off my list, monitor birthday greetings coming in on Facebook, and take it easy the rest of the day. After lunch we'll go to the mall to find a Starbucks so I can collect my free latte. We'll walk in the mall since it is raining now. 

This afternoon I'll spend some time reading, and probably doze off. This evening we'll go to Red Robin so I can collect my free entree. It will be a fairly quiet day. Saturday is the big one. 



15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! And congratulations on joining the rest of us in appreciating our seventies as much as we do. I am looking forward to seeing all the pageantry ahead! Yay for you, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Linda! Those photos are great. Enjoy your special week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday dear Linda!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Wishing you all the best!

    I came over from Musings blog just to wish you a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, happy birthday. have a great day. It's incredible how much humans change on their journey through life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! I love the pictures. I do think if there was one of those match the baby picture to a current picture contest in blogland I would certainly get you right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Olga, I could have picked you out of a baby picture line up. Congrats on 75. I do the same thing with my age. I have been saying I was 80 since the first of the year and still haven't made it--yet. Kind of makes it easier when we get used to saying the new age early. Can't wait to see the pictures of the double event. Have a great Birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to Red Robin on my husband's birthday - couldn't get a free burger unless you signed up by a week or so before and then expose your email to all their ads. He was disappointed. Hope you are happier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Linda! So fun to see your baby pictures. I keep losing track of how old I am. I have to ask Nigel, he's better at math than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Wishing you many more happy and healthy years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Linda. So glad it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Linda!! What an adorable baby picture. Me too! I could have picked you of a baby picture line up. I love the picture with your mother. You are very special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Linda! I hope your day is very special. I'm glad you are planning a big party. This is truly a milestone birthday. I'm right behind you. I turn 75 in February.

    The photo of you and your mother and sister is great. I see a resemblance to your mother in your daughter, or maybe it is your granddaughter. Have others commented on that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday, dear Linda! I'm certainly glad you were born!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.