Monday, July 1, 2019

Gig Harbor Garden Tour: 1 - The Rutt Garden

We went garden touring on Sunday. Seven gardens were open for charity in and around Gig Harbor, located across the Narrows on the Kitsap Peninsula in Puget Sound. 

I took a bunch of photos, of course, but I will try to restrain myself, and I'll post a few at a time from one garden at a time.

The garden of Elisa and Tracy Rutt is located on high bank with spectacular views overlooking the Narrows. When you enter through the entry pergola, you know you are someplace special. 


Around the side of the house you begin to glimpse the view. 




 Interesting plant pockets line the descending stone steps.

 The front of the house from the water side. 
 A water feature cascades down the wall. 

 A protected courtyard outside the master suite. 
 The entry court on the "back" of the house is massive. 





 A planting screen secludes the guest house. 
 The light stucco walls and narrow passageways between the buildings and around the perimeter reminded me of our visit to Santorini.  


 Espaliered apple trees grew on some of the walls. 

 Each home featured artists in action and crafts for sale. 
I coveted this cafe table set with mosaic tile work, but it was a bit pricey for my pocketbook. 


12 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a spectacular garden! Thanks for sharing your photos. Also, speaking as someone whose husband has problems with depth perception, I really appreciate the tape on the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place! Your pictures are stunning, Linda. Thank you so much for the tour. I sure enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome article.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've left some open space which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garden tours are a lot of fun. The one you feature today is lovely. I wonder if you got any ideas for your own park-like yard!! The water feature by the house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a place. Garden tours often take us to places we would never see. Love the views as much as the garden. I can see why you coveted the table and chairs. It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is spectacular, love the hanging plants and secret places...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was certainly gorgeous. Such a treat to have a virtual tour though your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved that entry but that view would have stopped me for most of the day. Just beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Linda! I loved that garden and enjoyed talking to its owner. It was interesting to learn that they did major landscaping before building a house. It was also interesting to hear that day from a cashier in one of the garden stores that her husband works for the Rutt's company and what wonderful people they are.
    All The Best

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful views of the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular garden and oh, those views... Bet you could make the mosaic table and chairs.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.