Monday, March 2, 2020

The NWFGF, Part 4: The Market

There is a huge market of things to buy, from tools to garden art,  to jewelry and clothing, and even PLANTS!  I have shown much of this before in previous years, so this year I was looking for something new. 
The glass isn't new, but it makes a pretty picture. 
This is new, "Lichenology", jewelry made with wood and tree lichens. Cool stuff. 
Peek a boo leaf pottery. 
And nature totems. 
Sally Simmon's art is is colorful and whimsical.

These block print cards are beautiful. I bought a set. 
Bob's Rustic sheds are always fun, and we always stop for a short visit with the Whidbey Island artist.  
These bird planters are new, and so much fun. 
I thought about a cat sign. 
I can't stand to wear hats, but if I did, I would want one of these felted beauties. 

I like whimsical bird houses. 


I hadn't seen these fused.painted? glsss pieces before. 
We have a hard time resisting the Rusty Birds booth. 



These paint on copper pieces were striking. 


The work of this paper carver was painstakingly perfect. 

I'm always attracted to the organic pottery. 
Sister-in-law Jan collects herons, but at this price, $500, we won't be adding this piece. 


Conifers come in so many colors, sizes,  and textures now.

It seems everyone is into succulents. Me too. 

I love the Lewisias.

I really need a couple of each of these succulents. I hope they aren't all gone when I an ready to buy. 



Garden gates. 
This plant is on my want list too. It will be fun to search for it when we are ready. 
And what did we buy. We really did work to restrain ourselves. Tom got new secateurs ( pruners). I got a box of assorted cards and a Rusty Birds wreath. 
The wreath is meant to go outside, but for now it is inside.
This had become sort of a chickadee wall. 
The Northwest Flower and Garden Show has been over for a few days now, but sharing the photos keeps it alive. 

9 comments:

  1. What a fun trip through so many places! I love that chickadee wreath. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos go from glory to glory, I like so much of the art and crafts shown. I would buy one of the felted hats for sure. The cute pottery leaves with the tiny faces peeking out make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting things, the next one more so than the last one. I kept having new favorites. I would have found it really hard to leave that barn, windmill and tree behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh. I would so love those tall glass spears but no way I could bring that back with me. What a wonderful show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of lichenology jewelry. Sounds interesting. And I don't think I would have been able to resist the rusty birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to save all year to be able to walk through there. I love those leaf peepers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! There is certainly a wide range of products, all beautiful! I like the rusty ferns the best, though the one painting by itself was absolutely gorgeous.

    Good luck with finding your plants when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Rusty Birds too your wreath is a lovely pick! The paper carver caught my interest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love succulents just because they are harder for me to kill. What a fun place to go to. I would be tempted to buy too much of those treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.