Monday, August 15, 2022

At the Beach: Day 2

We stayed close to the cabin on Thursday  and spent the time with Jill and Irene. There was the required trip to the docks at Garibald, mostly because Jill wanted fresh caught fish to take home to freeze. We talked to fish people and looked around. 




Later we explored a bit in the town of Rockaway, visiting a few favorite places. 



I spent some time just poking around. The beach roses were in full bloom on the bank of Salt Aire Creek, which runs by our cabin.


That's our cabin up there on the other bank. 
While I was out there, the tourist train came by. It's vacation season and the weather was beautiful, so there were lots of passengers.




While Jill and Irene took long walk in the afternoon, Tom and I read in the cabin and then took a shorter walk. 




The tide was way out and there were lots of people playing on the beach. 


Irene parked herself on the beach for some sunning and reading, so Tom and I did too. 
This was my view from my chair and that's Irene off to the right. I stayed out after everyone else went in. It was just so lovely to sit there and read. Jill did all of the cooking, which was lovely too. We had fresh fish for dinner. 

The sunset was fleeting as a fog bank swallowed it up. 
But then we had a beach fire!


That was great too, although most just read their phones. I guess we ran out to things to talk about. 

And then, of course, we had to go in and eat ice cream. 

Connie, in answer to your question, my current favorite flavor of Tillamook ice cream is Oregon Hazelnut Salted Caramel. But then there's Udderly Chocolate and Marion Berry Pie and ........

10 comments:

  1. I will see if they have the Hazelnut Salted Caramel here! My husband already said he wants plain chocolate and none of the fancy stuff in it! Thanks for sharing your favorites! Looks like a perfect end to a very nice day at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to spend a few days on the beach and enjoy things you don't ordinarily do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful adventure. I was surprised on one Oregon visit how WIDE the beach is, and how COLD the water is! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is such a sense of peace in the photos of the water. It sounds like such a wonderful way to spend a day (or more). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to take a short walk!!
    a/b

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an idyllic looking place! Aren't you fortunate to have such a second home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful time with us. The pictures are awesome! This is great family time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunset and I would have liked to be with you for the beach fire what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the beach pictures! But most of all I love seeing your family. The beach fire and you and Jill and Irene...how special.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.