Friday, August 26, 2022

Hip Hip Hooray?

 I had a very long needle inserted into my left hip joint this morning, guided by my Sports Medicine Doctor and ultrasound. It hurt some but it didn't last long.

My Sports Med doc, Dr. Becker, is working in conjunction with my Ortho surgeon, Dr. Chen,  and my Neuro surgeon, Dr. Gala,  to determine what to do next in my list of multi factors. Today we are trying numbing my unfixed, arthritic hip for eight hours or so to see what effect that has on my back and my  mobility. 

Since then I have walked briefly at the grocery store, to get a reward latte, in my back yard to pick some flowers and arrange them, I did my daily short version PT,  and a mile walk at the park. 

The verdict so far is that  I am walking more freely, my back is resisting less, and I could actually tie both shoes. I have been taking notes and I will report to Dr. Becker on Monday.

Both sides of the kitchen bouquet.
In the powder room.
On the patio
Since I needed to keep moving, I took some yard pics. 
Green tapestries. 
Abutilon


The sunflowers aren't great this year, but I do have a few cheery sun faces.

It's much cooler today. I'll take it!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like the shot worked! Such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrating when they can't find what causes a problem or how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! You have so many beautiful flowers always at your finger tips. I'm glad you're making progress on your pain management.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you certainly have a team working on the problem. Glad you got some relief and you actually accomplished quite a bit. Loved your patio display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some progress -- yes, hooray! Gardens are so gorgeous as always, I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope they can fix your mobility issues without further surgery, Linda. But whatever it takes, I know you'll do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pictures, as usual! GL on the orthopedic journey. Sounds like you are very mobile in spite of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds as though the shot helped some, at least temporarily. Your gardens and flowers are gorgeous, and must bring a smile and much enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even just reading about that long needle made me cringe but it seems to have helped so that's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear of some improvement after that needle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that sounds like good news. So glad the shot helped. I think that kitchen bouquet may the the most beautiful one yet. It's breathtaking! Sure like the one in the powder room too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's great that the injection gave you some relief. I had my right knee injected last year, and it made it WORSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Numbing from pain is nice, even if it is for a day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.