Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August Days

 

The pace is slower, but it still seems like I run out of time. Maybe it's partly due to my new PT routine. I don't have more exercises to do, but I am still learning my new ones and my new sequence. 

Last Friday I finally had a new appointment with my therapist, Erica, who I have seen off and on for years. I had to hold out for her for weeks, because I want a person who knows me and knows all of my "multifactorial" issues. Since walking is hard and I mentioned finally getting back on my stationary bike, she has now assigned me to ride the bike five days a week. 

With a long PT routine three days a week and a short routine every day, plus the bike five days a week,  it's takes me quite  while to get to anything else each day. My bike is in the garage and I do my PT on the carpet up stairs. Both heat up in this warm/hot weather, so I need to do my workouts in the morning. So far I am doing as instructed. :-)

The rose is one of a few second bloomings. There is still a bit of color in the garden. The dahlias and zinnias and marigolds need more sun (tree shade) but I have enough to make bouquets a couple times a week.

On the patio the cannas are blooming. 

So are some succulents. 
The tomatoes will be coming on fast now. There will be caprese salad for dinner.
 

Jill had another mountain adventure last weekend, and I want to post some beautiful scenery from that trip, but it got complicated, so I'll devote my next post to it. 

It's almost time to fix dinner already. Where it the day go?

9 comments:

  1. The cannas are gorgeous. My daughter brought me one in a pot, the same colour as yours. It is resting now but I'm hoping for more blooms. That's a LOT of tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the routines they give take time. When they tell you to do so many reps , they mean it and you have to do them to improve things. I could't do mine while recuperating from eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you do have quite a schedule. You are inspiring me to get a bit more regimented with my exercise. Thanks, I know it helps physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope these new exercises will help your mobility. Those are gorgeous tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have quite the regimen. I hope you see some good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days just fly by! Sounds like quite an exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gambatte! It is one of my favorite words in Japanese. It means "do your best" as well as encouragement to keep on keeping on.
    Gambatte, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ii find it's almost a full time job just keeping up with things like exercise and physio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, now you're making me want to plant a tomato plant. I wonder why I haven't seen anybody plant tomatoes around here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.