Monday, July 10, 2023

Comings and Goings

I am seriously having trouble knowing what day of the week it is right now. I think the 4th of July, being on a Tuesday, got me all mixed up.  

Anyway, it is Monday, and some house cleaning got done and the laundry is washed, folded, and put away. 

I picked new flowers for the kitchen table. 

With some blooms coming and some going, it's a matter of picking a little of this and a little of that. 

Saturday we drove back to Gig Harbor, connected with SIL Jan, and did a little garden touring before going out to lunch.

House #1 had an extensive collection of conifers. 






The second house had wonderful perennials. Both had water views.















Sunday Jake came over to pick our raspberries, which are coming on strong now. There was a carton for him and a bowl full for us. 

The big news is that Jill and Irene have made it to the base camp of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. After two long flights and a bumpy ride over dirt roads, they have been fed and are settled into their tent for the night.

Jill booked the trip through Mountain Madness, a Seattle mountaineering company, as a way to celebrate her 50 years on the planet and Irene's 18 years and graduation from high school. I may have noted in the past that they are adventurous.  Besides climbing the highest mountain in Africa, they will be going on a safari. If I get good photos I'll pass a few along. 

As for me, I'm happy to be staying home for a few days. I'll see you on the world wide web. 


12 comments:

  1. Your flowers are, as usual, beautiful! I too have trouble tracking the days. They all run together. I also do my cleaning and change sheets on Monday. It's one of the few constants in my relaxed retirement schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular gardens at those two houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy touring gardens. It's such fun seeing what others have created.
    Sounds like Jill and Irene are on their way and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Jill and Irene the best of times. And I do love your pretty flowers, and those gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gardens are lovely, though I'm partial to your gardens.
    Good luck to Jill and Irene as they begin their climb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jill and Irene are having a great adventure! How wonderful for them! I bet you have some anxiety...I know I did when Jen was in Fiji so far away from home....I breathed a sigh of relief when she got home safely:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, to be young and strong. Hope their climb goes well and they enjoy the safari after! My good friend will also be on a safari next week. As for me, I really like staying at home with plants and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousins went on a safari in Tanzania, and they had a great time. Too hard for me, though. I love your bouquets of flowers, always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Jill and Irene have a good climbing in Tanzania! How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adventurous indeed. I hope they have a wonderful time sharing a common love of climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Them too? Art and our son climbed Kilimajaro too when Jon was in the Peace Corps. In fact, Art is going on a safari soon in Tanzania with a friend. How amazing! I've heard people tell me what a great time they had and I know Jill and Irene will too.

    I'll have to come back when I'm better. I'm suffering from extreme vertigo right now after trying to get all my trip posts done after returning from Tokyo. I'm supposed to stay away from too much "screen time." Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.