Monday, July 3, 2023

The 4th of July!

 

This is the flag we fly over our Whidbey Island cabin. Other family members will be there for this Independence Day. We will be doing our typical 4th activities: a local parade in the morning, and local fireworks and food on Henderson Bay at Jan's in the afternoon and evening. Gus the Bus and crew are scheduled to make their appearance in the parade. I might get a ride.

Looking back at memories on Facebook, I see that I have posted PIE for the last five years, so, once again, it's American Pie!

Not so fancy this year, no stars, but I got them done before going off to my PT appointment. They are Rhubarb for Tom and Cherry for Jill. They'll share.

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I hope the weather gods are as kind to you as they will be here in the PNB.

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy you're week end celebrating the country's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4 th of July ( our celebrations here are on the 14 th of July) I love rhubarb pie!
    Tom is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a little warm than I like, but still nothing compared to Texas heat! Happy Fourth to you and your entire family, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Independence Day!
    Those pies look amazing!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The big event in my town is the library used book sale in the school gym and strawberry sundaes on the town green. I can watch the fireworks from my front yard so I don't have tofight traffic afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th of July! We don't do much over here except enjoy the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th of July to you and Tom. Your pies look delicious and make me want some. Only one thing to do then, right? I'll get right to it once the temperatures go down.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.