Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Let The Celebrating Begin

 

It was a red, white, and blue crowd at the parade route brunch this morning. This was early. The many friends and neighbors of the hosts swelled to quite a crowd by the time the runners began to pass by, cheered by the onlookers. We had plenty of goodies to eat by then, and some good visiting. 


Then it was parade time. This is basically a neighborhood parade, Normandy Park, and mostly cars. I photographed my favorites. 





We had advance warning of what to look for. Gus the Bus would be close behind the cement truck. 

There's my ride!

There's me climbing in. Yes, Gus is for sale. He has been in the family since 1978, needs a lot of work, but could make some vintage collector quite happy.
There's me doing the parade wave, with an occasional peace sign. Irene decorated the top, Jill was driving, and Jake scrambled  into the back to make room for me. 

Tom got to walk back to the car and then the park where we had gathered, while I got a parade's eye view. 

Jill and Irene attract attention as much or more than Gus. 


After more food, provided by the City of Normandy Park, we posed for a family photo on the beach. 

Tom and I are home now, chilling out, and will rejoin the family at SIL Jan's later this afternoon. 

There will be more eating, and family fireworks, plus all the other famlies' fireworks around the bay. 

Happy 4th of July.

Let Freedom Ring!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of celebrating!! I like the family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to get out and celebrate and think about what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun red cars. I like all your pictures and feel like you had me along with you. It was hot yesterday and will be again today. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice outing. I love the family pics, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gus is a nice vintage piece, I love it!
    Nice to have a parade, nice red cars.
    Lovely family pictures, I am glad you all had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time. I'm sure there is a collector out there who would love Gus too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.