Sunday, July 23, 2023

Updates

 Jill checked in via Facebook this afternoon. Here are a few of the animal photos she posted from their Serengeti Safari day. They have one more day of "glamping" on the Serengeti before traveling out of the wilds and  eventually beginning their flights home.








Jake came by yesterday evening to pick the raspberries and take his container full home with him. We learned a little bit about his camping road trip and how he checked off a few more roads not traveled. He's a map guy and likes to explore new territory. Me too.

I did quite well on my garden club outing Saturday morning. I explained to the docent leading our tour that I was OK with walking but not good at standing around, so please excuse me if I wander off and am not a good listener.  She did. And I did.

We visited the Evergreen Arboretum in Everett, WA, a very pleasant garden north of Seattle.

There were sculptures through the garden, here a reminder to "keep clam".



The walkways were level, smooth, and easy. 




These large dish gardens had examples of a crevice garden, a carniferous garden, and miniature hostas. 


Big blooms on a giant Southern Magnolia. 
Lots of lovely maples provided shade. 































The tour took about an hour, and then, since we had plenty of time before our lunch reservation, some of us strolled back through the garden and then found a shady bench to sit and talk. 

Lunch was at a brew pub down by the harbor. Everett is a town on the mainland shore of Puget Sound, just east of Whidbey Island. 

It was a very enjoyable outing. 

11 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous garden photos, Linda. I showed Jill's photos to Art and he is very impressed. He's looking forward to taking his own pictures soon. He and his buddy will be leaving soon for Tanzania. He's going for the wildebeest migration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well to go on this tour. I'll say there are sculptures. Very attractive sculptures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such nice pictures. I love the baby éléphant . The sunset one is beautiful !
    You visited a nice garden again and I am glad you could walk for the visit. You must have had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos from Jill, and the garden tour photos are lovely. I'm glad you were able to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Restoring the soul with outside photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE those sculptures in that garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures of both safari and garden touring. Those experiences have to be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely garden. I also do better walking than standing around.
    Jill & Irene have had a wonderful adventure and no doubt are sad at finding it almost done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.