Friday, July 21, 2023

Lions and Hippos and Zebras, Oh My!

 

                                        New bouquet for the kitchen table. 

Jill has reported in from her first day on Safari. They spent the morning, and then after lunch, more time in the afternoon in the Ngorongoro Crater, safe in their viewing vehicles, seeing all manner of African wild life in this National Conservation Area. Here are some of the photos she posted.


Ngorongoro Crater



Water buffalo

Hippos, zebra, and Wildebeests

Wildebeests

They will spend part of one more day here and then move on to the Serengeti for another couple of days. What an adventure! 

Jake is back home, having reported that his geologic road trip was "interesting" That's praise for him.

Isaac "had plans" with his girl friend, so we just exchanged a few texts. 

I didn't meet any wild life during my two hours working in the yard yesterday, although Charlie Cat checked in, and escaped back into the house before the mosquitoes got to me.  I have been walking in the park in the evenings, now up to a mile, but Tom and I decided we were tired yesterday evening. 

Today we had Friday breakfast, did our grocery shopping, and I will check off my PT exercises.

This evening we will be watching the USWNT, the US Womens National Team, in their opening round of the Womens World Cup, being played in Australia and New Zealand. 


In the garden we have the first blooms of the canna and the Brugmansia.





Tomorrow, Saturday, I'm finally going to join our garden club on an outing. It's going to be more walking and standing than I am used to. Wish me luck. 


13 comments:

  1. I love the African wildlife, how exciting for Jill to see it up close. I am a long time member of African Wildlife Foundation but have not traveled there. The animals need our protection and support, this is a good group to join. Your Angels' Trumpet is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to rain on your party but you met all kinds of wildlife in your yard. I'll bet there was an ant or two? There probably were a few spiders and cobwebs. Butterflies? Birds? Your garden is full of wild life . Okay , call me picky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed wish you luck and that you have a great time! Those animal pictures are very stunning, but it sure does look dry and uninviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commented like a true northwesterner. We need the green.

      Delete
  4. The adventure continues for Jill and Irene!! The flower on your canna is amazing/ Such a beautiful colour.
    I hope all goes well on your outing tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing trip for Jill and Irene. Wonderful photos.
    Enjoy your garden outing today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pictures and good luck for your walking tomorrow! We went out all day today and I had problems to walk and I am tired I will rest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing safari. Just love it. David watched USA beat Vietnam 3-0. The Asians didn't have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend and her son are also currently in Africa on a safari! She is a world traveler. I rather stay at home and tend to my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your garden club outing was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to any pictures. The Africa trip is a dream. I am not going to say it is too late because an 80 year old friend did a safari trip with her family last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow seeing those animals would be awesome! Hope you have a good garden walk. Your flowers are lovely as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I found myself rooting for Viet Nam!! I do love our team and love watching the game. Sadly i am getting farther and farther from every taking a safari...and now global warming has made me even more cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a feeling Jill and Irene went on the same safari as Art and Dave will be going on.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.