Thursday, July 6, 2023

Time Goes By

 Another 4th of July has come and gone, and now July 5th and July 6th! Zoom! Like a bottle rocket launched into the sky. I had a few photos of our 4th evening at Jan's on Henderson Bay, after the eating and more eating, then watching the sun set and the fireworks explode around the bay. It was noisy but beautiful.

Jill, Jake, and Irene put on a little show down on the neighbor's dock. 
There was just enough wild fire smoke in the air to make for a glorious sunset. 



Snap, crackle, sparkle!
Neighbors and visitors to the spit had big stuff. This one reminds me of the moon rise we saw as we arrived home before midnight.  The moon was huge, round, and glowing. 
The neighbors weren't quite through, but we did manage to get some sleep. July 5th was a slow day.

Tom has been working in the yard almost every day. I got out there for about an hour and a half today, before it got hot. Today's 83 was better than yesterday's 90.

My Facebook app was not working correctly, dropping all but 26 of my 125 friends. Over the last three weeks I tried Google fixes, several times. Yesterday I tried Apple on line, got dropped, got a phone assistant, and no fixes. I got an appointment to see an in store Apple tech today. She had no clue. On the way out of the mall we stopped at the T Mobile store. They are our cell phone carrier. A delightful young man helped us to do a work around. We dropped the app and are using the 5G feed on our cell phones, the same as our PCs are using. I have all of my friends back!

Some techs are better than others. Some just know how to manipulate systems to make them do what we want them to do. I like that kind. 

It's another beautiful evening. I think it might be cool enough now to read on the patio for a while. Then Jake, who came over for pie and a visit this afternoon, showed me how to get brief updates on the Tour de France on You Tube. I'll watch some of that as the sun goes down and the mosquitoes come out. 

We are counting our blessings with weather and fire so far. Wishing you safe travels through this month of July. 
 

11 comments:

  1. So far, compared with much of the rest of the country, we are blessed with almost clear skies and decent heat. We got to 81 yesterday here in Bellingham. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sunset photos. I guess all the smoke is good for something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely stunning photos of the 4th celebration. And... that header! I love it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots of the water. Enjoy July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying slow days and finally getting my garden and renovated work space in order. It is nice that I am not on a time table and can enjoy the little things. Glad your phone/internet issues are resolved. That stuff will remain a mystery for me, and glad we have young ones to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sunset pictures. It was nice to have a cooler day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sunset photos are awesome, but I hate the thought of wildfire smoke in the air. Unseasonably cold here the lows will be in the 40's again tonight. It is like early September weather here at the moment...cold air came down from Canada and it rained:) At least it wasn't snow:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found a tech that knows his business!
    Lovely photos!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that "moon" display -- and the real thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hot here too. Today we went to visit our daughter in Rouen and we all watched «  le Tour de France » they had climbing today with the heat they suffered a lot.
    The sunset pictures are beautiful.
    We are soon having our 14th of July fireworks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sunset photos are stunning. We're currently under an air quality advisory because of the wildfire smoke.
    Enjoy your time in the yard.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.