Tuesday, July 25, 2023

They're Home!

 

Our girls are home!

If those look like tired eyes, they are. After 25 hours of flying and layovers, they spent another hour and a half getting deplaned and going through customs and security. 

We took them home, listened to a few short stories, and then left them to get settled. They said they really needed to wash their hair, but first, as we left them, they were outside finding and hugging their kitties. Isaac and Jake have been taking good care of them, but they missed their mamas. 

We will get together later to hear more stories. 

I checked in with my niece Katie to find out if my sister Laurie was home yet from her cruise in Scandinavia and the Baltic Sea. She returns late Thursday, July 27. I haven't heard from her since she departed Stockholm 16 days ago. I imagine she and her sister-in-law are having a great time. 

Except for our outing Saturday we have been at home. Because of the mosquitos, which are bad this year, I am mostly inside. I don't like that. I ordered some mosquito spray from Amazon today. It is supposed to be safe around people, pets, and bees. I hope it works. 


I finally have a few sweet peas blooming. This little bouquet smells so sweet next to my little July figurine by Joseph, that Laurie gave me some years ago. She makes her appearance each July with the sweet peas. 

July is passing by too swiftly.

12 comments:

  1. Those two ladies will revive and then have some amazing stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get some great stories out of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the girls got home safe and sound, albeit wear. Love their "shaka" signs. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure they look tired! But they must have plenty of souvenirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home to Jill and Irene. They definitely look like they need a good night's sleep. Still, the time is worth the effort for the experiences they've had.
    I do hope the mosquito spray works for you. It's a shame when you can't enjoy your beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they certainly look travel weary, but what memories they must have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy they are home safe! Lovely sunset picture in the header! No mosquitoes around here even though we live on a lake. We DO have bats, and it's debatable which is worse. We can sit outside on the deck all day, and the bats are mostly active at night. We made them a bat house years ago, that they finally discovered. Still find signs of them roosting over the deck, but I think we have sealed all the cracks where they can make a home in our roof.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls do look tired and no wonder!! Your Sweet Peas look so lovely. I must go out and see if any of my annual ones have opened. They are being over run by Morning Glory which has claimed both sides of the arbour. The perennial Sweet Peas do well but have no scent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to see your sweet girls. They are both still beautiful. Gosh! What a trip they have been on! Your sweetpeas are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home Jill and Irene! I can just imagine the stories they'll have to tell. Art will be leaving soon for Tanzania and it will take several days for them to get there from Hawaii. OMG! 25 hours of travel? Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad Jill and Irene are back home safely:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it such a relief to have them back home? I wish I could smell sweet peas. I wonder if any of our nurseries sell them here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.