Wednesday, August 9, 2023

A Change of Pace.

Earlier this morning I was out picking flowers in our garden. It was lightly drizzling, good for the flowers. We've been having a respite from the heat, but still not enough rain to amount to anything. The drought continues. There are lots of flowers inside now.

Two sides of one big bouquet of dahlias, not the most artistic arrangement I've ever done, but full of August exuberance. Bloom and coming on now. 

Leftovers and lilies on the kitchen counter.
A refreshed arrangement of Buddleia and hydrangeas in the powder room. 

Here are the Pinky-Winky Hydrangeas and the Buddleia bush, sources for that bouquet. 

Yesterday we took a little day trip to Whidbey Island. Jill and Irene are up there at the family cabin for the week. The cabin is booked with family all summer, so we take advantage of a chance to spend a day there if we can.

Tom and I took a little walk on the beach road and over to the beach. The girls had spent time there the day before and were enjoying another laid back day.

We always enjoy the neighbor's flowers over at the beach access,



and the rose and rose hips on the bush down at the end of the beach road. 




We were all pretty laid back but we did go over to Langley for coffee and a bit of a walk around. 


Back home here today I was hoping to get outside and work some more on my edging, but this morning the drizzle discouraged me, and then I wasted way too much time chasing my mouse around, my computer mouse, that is, before finally decided it needed a new battery, and it was time for lunch anyway. Some days are like that. I might need another day off. 

I spent some time last week tidying up in the garden, but there is lots more to do.



It's hard on me now though, with hip and back issues never going away. Tomorrow I will see my sports medicine/spine doc. I think about all he can do for me now is injections, but that might at least settle down the sacroiliitis for a while.

Well, it's time for another round of PT. I pushed too hard on a walk yesterday and today I hurt. We'll see if I can loosen anything up.  




8 comments:

  1. It's tough because you need to exercise, but not too much. I am dealing with discomfort issues, too, but nothing like yours. Love all the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physio therapy does help and you certainly work at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope your doctor can provide some relief. I'm sure it's increasingly frustrating not being able to do what you want to.
    The beach looks so peaceful and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice respite you had at the island. Continue to enjoy life, every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dahlias are lovely as are the ones at Whidbey too. Amazing Rose hips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Buddleia plant is so scrawny and small and has been that way for years. It is in a ceramic pot and maybe i need to repot it or chance putting it in the ground. Any advice you have for my little old plant is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make such pretty arrangements! I hope the Doctor can ease your pain a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are very nice, so bright colours. I did not have internet for a few days they had to change a piece and it’s back now.
    You have a lot of work in your garden, but it is always beautiful. I have also problems to walk at the moment and need an injection in one foot…but I have the intention to walk during my holidays by the sea, it’s nice to walk in the water that can help.
    I wish you a not too hot weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.