Saturday, August 12, 2023

A Quiet Day

Thursday and Friday we made the trip into the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in the city. That always involves slow going in heavy traffic.

On Thursday I saw my Sports Med doc for an evaluation of my Sacroiliitis and got set up for an "Anesthesia Interventional Pain Service" appointment to have a cortisone injection in my butt, my sacroiliac joint. That happened Friday afternoon.

It hurt a bit, but not bad, and now I am monitoring to see if I have decreased pain in that location. I was noticing an improvement by evening, but then I finally took that fall that I have been working so diligently to avoid. It was a soft landing, but I think I pulled something, in that hip, of course, so now that's just one more thing. It should ease up pretty quickly so I can tell if the cortisone is working. 

Tom is doing well after his double cataract surgery, but is having to wait too long for his optometrist appointment to see what glasses he might need. Reading isn't quite right yet.

So we are spending the day at home. I picked and arranged flowers this morning and Tom has been watering pots and trimming plants. There might be naps this afternoon. 

The canna on the patio are lovely.


Out by the greenhouse the Pineapple lily is in bloom and the tomatoes are finally showing a little color.






Tomorrow we're planning a little outing, garden touring on Vashon Island. I plan to not be hurting - much. We'll see, 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about that fall, but it does seem you are going in the right direction. Have fun on Vashon while you take it easy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats!! I'm sorry you fell. No matter how careful we are it seems falls will happen. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy the garden touring tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a bummer that you get a cortisone shot and then fall on your butt. Okay from now on things will look up. I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder. It took pain down to the level I could deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry to hear that you fell, even a soft landing can hurt. Hope the injection helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you heal quickly from your fall. I like your canna lilies, the unusual pineapple lily and that greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, your garden is so-oo beautiful. I would think it's a retreat in itself... but of course Vashon has the magic of the water.
    Sorry to hear about your fall... hope it only caused a minor soreness and no serious damage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is a great time of year for gardens. I hope the fall will not make a serious problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cana is very nice of a beautiful colour. You have such a nice greenhouse! I hope your fall did not hurt too much and that the cortisone injection makes you feel better so that you may do your outing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that pineapple lily. I'd never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry your body has been hurting, join the club. Enjoy the garden!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.