Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chapter IV: Winding Down in Colorado

Sunday morning brought blue sky and sunshine, a perfect time to try out the new bike. By the time we left on Monday Irene was riding around the block, very pleased with herself. Training wheels certainly help with the confidence. I remember learning to ride without them. Ouch!
Isaac hadn't ridden all winter, but he was motivated to get back on his bike, too.
Then it was time for a trip to the garden store for seeds and plants. Jill was determined to get her garden planted while she had help. Tom got the garden spaded during the week. I cleaned up the front flower bed while planting was happening in the vegetable patch.
Get those seeds watered in.
Irene's new gardening accessories work and look great. It all goes together with the new Bee Happy tee shirt.
Isaac helped poke in the sunflower seeds.
Then we moved to the front yard, where it was now shady. The two hours I spent out there earlier was hot work.
Jill helped plan the planting.
Dig in! Plant those pansies.
Last to do - the petunia baskets. Hopefully they won't get another cold blast with snow, but if they do, they can put the pots in the garage overnight.
On Monday everyone went back to school and work. Irene was home in the afternoon. Tom and I got the kids bedrooms back together after using one of them for our sleeping quarters. Other than that we took it pretty easy.
Jill and the kids took us to the airport after dinner out on the way. We were back home by 11:00 Monday night.
It was a wonderful visit and we had a great time sharing in this special birthday pageant.

6 comments:

  1. What great pictures, Linda! It's funny, when I leave a comment on someone else's blog, I'm usually right there with either you or Linda Hillin! You reminded me of how nice it is in Colorado, but I still wouldn't trade my blue Bellingham Bay or my fluffy clouds here in the PNW! My dad was MY training wheels, and he would run alongside and once when it was going great, he let go, and I actually FELT the stability! Then there was no stopping me! Had my share of spills, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to enjoy biking, but not anymore. The last time I biked, I was in my 50s and collided into the door of a parked car on my street. No damage to the car, but scrapes on my limbs. As I said, it was my last time!

    Enjoyed your pics of your wonderful, wonderful time in Colorado, a state I have never visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's was another great post. You and Tom look so relaxed and comfortable in your role as Jill's gardners. What a special week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as though you had a simply marvelous time! I esp. enjoyed reading about your day of gardening before you left to return home. How blessed you are! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time you've had and carrying on the family tradition of gardening. Time to head home. We got home last night....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was great that the whole family worked in the garden together -- something those beautiful grand children won't soon forget.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.