Monday, April 5, 2010

Flowers and Showers

I made a flower for my hat today. Now I'm ready to go to tea.
We were going to the Skagit Valley today to see the tulip fields, but we've delayed our trip one day because of the weather forecast. It was supposed to be rainy with a chance of a thunder storm today, and the outlook for tomorrow was a bit better. So of course, all morning we've had sunshine!
Then a bit ago we had a drenching shower and the clouds on the horizon look menacing, so maybe we made the right choice after all. This also gives us a day to putter and rest up after a busy weekend.
Saturday we attended our second Sounders match of the season, and while it was cold, it was mostly dry, so we enjoyed it much more than the drenching match of a week ago, even though the result was a loss. Someone asked me if we went just to support our son, and while we like it that we get to share the experience with him, we actually have season tickets because we really like soccer. And with 36,000 fans standing and cheering and chanting, it's just a wonderful scene.
Yesterday we had a little Easter dinner party with son Jake and his friend Tad. We cooked a ham on the gas grill, and it was wonderful! And we have yummy leftovers.
Tomorrow we'll head north to tiptoe through the tulips, with boots on. Then we'll drive down the island and spend two nights at the Whidbey cabin.
See ya' later.

14 comments:

  1. I've already tiptoed through the tulips down there, so I'll be interested in seeing your pictures. The link to the right of my blog has 30 pictures I took of the flowers, called "Flowers 2010." I'll add more as the season progresses. Your table setting was just perfect, BTW. I am so impressed with the elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a weird day today havena't we??? It was so great this morning I went down to the harbor and got some great photos and then the gray came -- again! Ah, well, it was a fun morning. I'm going to miss the Tulip Festival this year and I'm really sorry about that. Hope you have a great time and get lots of great pics! Enjoy your week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just love for you to be my gardener, housekeeper, decorator, and everything else you do so well, (except I probably couldn't afford you) Ha!). You are such an inspiration to me. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a lovely eastertime...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I love the flower on the hat. I wish I could wear hats -- but I always look like I just got off the boat!
    2. Your table looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I'm a retired teacher, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice pics and beautiful hat, Linda. I am impressed. Enjoy the week away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wouldn't I just love to 'tiptoe through the tulips'! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures!!! You certainly set a lovely table for Easter, and I love your header. Very sweet. That hat's pretty fancy! I'm loving it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Down in the Hollow! It was such a pleasure to see you there! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely table you've set for Easter! Have a great time tiptoeing through the tulips, that certainly sounds like an event I would like. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, your Easter table looked so lovely and that hat, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers on hats! Now...there's something I can relate to. My daughter and I have been making and selling flowers for months. (about November of 2009)

    I've thought about blogging about them since the first of the year... but, frankly, I've been too busy making them. It's been fun, but the theraputic part of creating them is loooooong gone. That's what happens when you sell your creations. I relly prefer not to do that. But... it's been good for my baby girl.

    Anyway, I digress. The hat and the flower are classy! I like them!

    I agree with those that would want you to be their landscape design artist. So would I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. enjoy the tulips!
    I bet it's beautiful there

    love your hat and your table setting

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW; I have never seen so many beautiful tulips. Hope your weather is better tomorrow!
    Srping showers really do bring
    spring flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love for you to design my yard and love the hat too...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.