Friday, April 9, 2010

More From the Skagit Valley

Out in the middle of the valley, often bordered by blooming fields, is one of our favorite stops - Christianson's Nursery. (Click to enlarge any photo)
This lovely basket adorns the door of the Antique/Gift Shop.
I loved this purple display. And this.
Of course, it's a great place to shop for plants. We bought several.
In the greenhouse.
We had a picnic lunch - in the car, but headed over to La Conner for coffee.
I loved this book store sign.
We're back at home in Seattle, where the weather is still cold, but dry. Tom has been working in his green house, and I just went for my walk.
All is well with the world, except Tom has lost his wallet. After looking every where else, and calling the coffee shop where he used it last, we can only hope that his cousin finds it at the cabin when he arrives there tonight.

11 comments:

  1. It is so nice to get out and see the sights. Flowering plants always brighten up otherwise sterile buildings. Thanks for the tour, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can almost smell the flowers and what beautiful sights...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tulip fields....a truly spectacular WA sight. We will miss them this year, but will be home by May 1. I got to see my iris bloom down here this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous, beautiful photos, Linda! I did go to the tulip festival there a couple of years ago and it was fantastic -- even though things hadn't bloomed as quickly as I'm sure they did this year. I hope to be able to go again one of these years!! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think it could get more beautiful than Oregon but perhaps I was wrong. Washington looks awfully good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos, they really showcase your day! It is always fun to poke around in the Skagit. In the summer and fall, there's all the produce. In the Spring, there's the tulips and daffodils. Winter there's the snow geese and trumpeter swans. My favorite hangouts (not in any particular order) are: Rosabella's, the Snow Goose produce stand, and Christiansen's nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for telling me about
    'anvil clouds'. I will look that up also. I do like all clouds. Even those full of rain.

    I was at christiansons today and we may have seen each other at roosensgards thursday. Small world huh! I spend a lot of time down in that old valley. I live East and a little South of Conway--up in the hills.
    MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful place for an outing! I could spend a lot of time in that nursery and couldn't agree more with the sign at the boodstore.

    The Skagit Valley tulips make me think I need to get up to the northwest in April some day.

    Two beautiful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda! All I can say is that nursery is MY idea of a candy shop! Did you see that red rhododendron? What plants did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband would agree that you need a library, not too sure about the garden.. Did the wallet show up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love stopping at Chrustiansons when in La Conner.
    I have a tulip tree to plant from there recently.
    I love your pictures. You've taken everyone along to this quaint nursery.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.