Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Independence Day


On July 4th we celebrate the birth of our nation, a nation dedicated to freedom. As we enjoy our freedoms, we must also continue to guard and protect them, and to share those freedoms with those who come here to make a new life. 

For many of us, celebrating our nation's birthday means parades and picnics and fireworks. Again this year we will be with family to do it all. Any photos I take will look much like last year's. We have traditions, not the same as when our kids were little, or when we were empty nesters, but new traditions for this stage of our lives.

And so there will be grandchildren, now teens, and a parade and food and fun with extended family and friends, and fireworks, and .... pie!
Happy Birthday, America!  

Happy Fourth of July to all of you!


9 comments:

  1. love homemade pie-it says america! happy fourth of july, we are enjoying the cool oregon coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July to you too Linda. I hope you have a grand day. I know you won't be hungry with those delicious pies to eat. Try to keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did not feel well enough to go out to any of the celebrations around the area. I will watch the fireworks from my front yard. We get an excellent view of two towns' offerings from this development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fourth of July to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July! !

    Cheers, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pie! Oh my they look good, Linda. Happy 4th of July! May we all live up to our nation's traditions for many decades to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a happy Fourth! I love the red, white, and blue header!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.