Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2020

Our city awaits the weather report. Will the storm bring heavy enough winds that our Space Needle fireworks will have to be canceled? I hope not, but I won't be there anyway. By then we'll be back home in the comfort of our family room, watching the New Year come on television. 

We got up very late on this last morning of 2019. This has been a good year for us and we're enjoying this last day. We went for what turned out to be a rainy walk this morning, but the rain wasn't heavy and we were prepared for it. I got my PT exercises done. I always have to talk myself into doing these but I'm faithful in completing the drill at least six days a week. 

This afternoon I'll do the household accounting and get the bills paid. The economy did well by us in December. :-/

Yesterday I made turkey soup and we'll have some again tonight for an early supper before going to the early movie to see "Little Women". I'm really looking forward to it since it has received very good reviews. 

I can only be hopeful that 2020 will bring us a clearer vision of where we need to go as a nation and as a divided people. I'll work at being a peacemaker in whatever small ways I can.

Happy New Year to all my blog family and to all of you in person friends and family who find this post. You are loved and appreciated. 

Wishing you all the best in 2020!




17 comments:

  1. Super dedicated and well-organized as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you, Tom and all of your family have a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful uplifting post! I still have that movie to see, but right now the theaters are crowded, even selling out, so I'll wait a bit. Hope you like it. And I too am feeling very blessed by my virtual family of bloggers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best to you and your family for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and Tom ( and the rest of your family).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy and healthy New Year to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first day of 2020. Hope all the following days this year bring you health, happiness and please lord, a stress free country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Beautiful header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Linda and Tom! It looks like the wind caused them to cancel the fireworks, oh well, there's always next year. I hope you do open your garden again this year. I would love the opportunity to see it again, it's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was a fast year...found out why i couldn't comment on my friends blog from google help online-had to download google chrome, it didn't like safari.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We couldn't stay up for fireworks or the melon drop here. Wishing you and Tom a Happy Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you, Linda and Tom! Here’s hoping things improve in 2020. it’s a little (lot) scary right now though.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.