Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Getting It Done

The lights are up on the house.


Today we put up the Travel Tree. It holds ornaments collected on our travels, plus the flags of all the states and countries we visited. 
Inside, the house decorating is almost done. The dining room reflects our Scandinavian heritage.


The Santas are in their places.

The gingerbread garlands deck the kitchen. 

We are down to this. The Christmas tree is out of the box, assembled, and plugged in. Tomorrow we'll place the hundreds of ornaments on the tree. 


On Friday we'll go to a brunch, and then pack up and run away to Whidbey Island for a weekend with Jill and the grands.

We need to get away from computer set up. I spent hours today figuring out how to restore my Facebook page on the new desktop computer after it turned out that Tom signed in wrong and created a new account. Gotta' watch his every move. :-)

We still have a few things to figure out. I have done a lot of Google searches learning how to do a lot of technological stuff. I have impressed myself. :-) But now I am sitting here in my recliner in front of the TV while I post on my new laptop.  All is good.







9 comments:

  1. I wondered why I got a friend request from you on Facebook, since we were already friends. Your home looks wonderful, and I am so glad to see those Santas out once again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorated home is to die for. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I like the idea of a travel tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You home looks wonderful. You certainly have a Santa or two. Sure don't envy you learning a new computer. I just had a shiver typing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your place looks great. A lot of work but it is worth it. I am sure your family enjoys it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks wonderful! I love the garland that has lovely ornaments hanging from it. Someone had to use a stepladder to hang all that. And the Santas... I'd miss those if you didn't put them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your travel tree (I might steal this idea in the future). We downgraded our tree from having a large one for years and sometimes, I do miss it! Well, I love everything about your decor. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, you deserve aq break after all that decorating:) Ain't technology grand:(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.